Phone's location is way off!

This is a discussion on Phone's location is way off! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK so I get up this morning and check my phone. Everything is working normally. On my way to work I'm stopped at a light, ...

Thread: Phone's location is way off!

Phone's location is way off!

OK so I get up this morning and check my phone. Everything is working normally. On my way to work I'm stopped at a light, so I check my phone again. I see I have some updates for some apps. I update them all, and carry on with my day. Now I'm at work, and check my phone, and my weather seems low, so I click on it to open it to full view, and wow, I'm in Beijing! Not really. I'm actually in Orlando, Florida, but my phone thinks I'm in China. I tried checking my location in maps. Same thing. China. I used both wireless networks, and GPS to see if there are any changes, but there are not. I rebooted the phone. No change. Took out the battery. No change. I even had Lookout locate me, and it found me in Beijing too! I uninstalled Google Sky Maps (it was one of the updates), but I'm still in China. Anyone know what's up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

jah
    Mine frequently puts me in Finland, but I live in Tennessee. Has been doing it since the OTA, but I've never heard any explanation, and I've never tried too hard to find out.

you might have a defective something, here in the UK i use google latitude in the background constantly and even with a 15% fix it is only 25-30 feet off my real location and this is in a huge concrete bunker of a building at my university. when i am out on my motorcycle and using it on the dash i can get locks that are spot on my location to the inch!

Try using another location app from the market or contact htc and enquire about the problem.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Perhaps a location-sensitive app is commandeering your true location? I'd delete apps until I found the culprit, then a factory refresh if that fails.

Use only GPS (not mobile network) for location. If you currently have both, or just mobile network assigned for location, turn off mobile network location, reboot and assign GPS for location.

Well I must have been in a worm hole or something. As soon as I left work, and was about half way down the road, everything went back to normal. I never noticed it before, so I don't know if it's a one time thing, but I'm gald I'm back in the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Well I must have been in a worm hole or something. As soon as I left work, and was about half way down the road, everything went back to normal. I never noticed it before, so I don't know if it's a one time thing, but I'm gald I'm back in the USA!
    Welcome home!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links