Cant add contacts

This is a discussion on Cant add contacts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this. I tried adding a new contact into my phone today and after going through all of ...

Thread: Cant add contacts

Cant add contacts

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this. I tried adding a new contact into my phone today and after going through all of it and saving, it's not in my contacts list. So I figure I did something wrong and re-enter the contact again being very careful, save and still nothing in my contacts. So I re-booted the phone hoping it would show and still nothing. However, when I searched for the contact, I found both entries???? There they are when I search them but they will not show up in my contacts list. Am I missing something here? Appreciate any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had the same problem. I could not see one contact in the list. But if I searched I found it. One entry was hiding the other. The two entries had similar short names. Only the first letter was different.

I fixed it by deleting the name of the non-hidden entry and then adding it again. Don't ask my why that worked, it just did.

I think I figured it out but it seems lame if its correct. I went into the phonebook profile and and had to check all the checkboxes in the gmail phonebook account. This made it show up as well as a bunch of others that I didn't enter, seems like they came from my gmail account. It doesn't make sense to me, why when I enter a new person in my phonebook, it's hidden from me. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithevolution View Post
    Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this. I tried adding a new contact into my phone today and after going through all of it and saving, it's not in my contacts list. So I figure I did something wrong and re-enter the contact again being very careful, save and still nothing in my contacts. So I re-booted the phone hoping it would show and still nothing. However, when I searched for the contact, I found both entries???? There they are when I search them but they will not show up in my contacts list. Am I missing something here? Appreciate any help.
    You probably had a filter set. From the contact list, tap the menu and select Display Options. From the next screen, tap on the email account listed under "Choose contacts to display" and you will see various groups. If you select all the groups, you will be able to see your "missing" contacts.

Also, if you have two contacts with similar names, they might accidentally get "joined." In that case, open one of them and select unjoin from the menu to make them stay as separate contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithevolution View Post
    You probably had a filter set. From the contact list, tap the menu and select Display Options. From the next screen, tap on the email account listed under "Choose contacts to display" and you will see various groups. If you select all the groups, you will be able to see your "missing" contacts.

Also, if you have two contacts with similar names, they might accidentally get "joined." In that case, open one of them and select unjoin from the menu to make them stay as separate contacts.
    Yeah, that's what I did but it didn't make any sense to me. Since getting the phone, I've added new ones with no problems. I did what you said and it showed up as well as others that looked like they came from my gmail acct. Kinda weird but I guess no harm, no foul. I appreciate the help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links