WIFI Failure/ Music reset

This is a discussion on WIFI Failure/ Music reset within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My new N1 is very spotty when picking up the WiFi signal in my house. I use WPA2 encryption, and sometimes the phone seems to ...

Thread: WIFI Failure/ Music reset

WIFI Failure/ Music reset

My new N1 is very spotty when picking up the WiFi signal in my house. I use WPA2 encryption, and sometimes the phone seems to remember the passphrase and connect me, other times it just connects locally (like in a hotel waiting for a password).

Also, it is currently failing to connect (scans, finds, unsuccessful at connecting), even though the other devices on the network are all working fine and the phone is close to the router.

Also, the music player seems to change from the middle of a song to a different song at random (touching the handset, incoming notification, other random times).

Also, the 3G connectivity seems worse (in the same locations) than a week ago. Nothing worse than having a $500 phone that wont get wifi like it is supposed to, switching from 3g to edge in the middle of a download.

WTF, I never had these problems with my G1. I feel like I upgraded the hardware style but got a very buggy machine.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Weird, maybe consider switching to regular wpa-psk? It's extremely unlikely that anyone in your direct area will ever be able to crack that and I don't think wpa2 is that much more secure.
    As for your track skipping problem, might have something to do with the headset jack you plug in, some 3.5 pins can trigger the commands from the original headphone's track skipping thingy (don't know the right word for that )

But if you really feel your handset is bugged just send it in and they'll probably easily swap you one.

Is your router running an Atheros chipset?

belkin N1+ router

My router is the Belkin N1+, I don't know the chipset.

I tried to go to unsecured on my network as an experiment, and it still is unsuccessful ~60% of the time it tries to connect.

I get the icon that says networks available, but when I try to connect, it doesn't work.

All I want is an automatic connection.

Quote Originally Posted by davemurrow View Post
    My router is the Belkin N1+, I don't know the chipset.

I tried to go to unsecured on my network as an experiment, and it still is unsuccessful ~60% of the time it tries to connect.

I get the icon that says networks available, but when I try to connect, it doesn't work.

All I want is an automatic connection.
    Check here and d/l the latest fw version for your model. Apply and reboot the router. If this still doesn't work, I would set up the entire network with static IP addressing.

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/...etail/a_id/527

First I checked the firmware from the routers 'check firmware' utility. It told me that it was up to date. So, I hunted around for something else to try, and found that I had 'Block ICMP Ping' enabled. So i disabled the 'Block ICMP Ping' and my phone was able to retain a connection through its sleep mode, and re-find the connection after wi-fi was disabled and re-enabled.

However, my router security log was recording the connections from my phone as attacks.

So, I updated the firmware (which was not up to date like the router itself told me), and reconnected. The router still recorded the connection (over the hotel style Guest Access unsecured network) as an attack.

So I then moved back to the WPA2 secured portion of my network, and the phone was able to connect using the password, stay connected through a sleep session of a few minutes, and reconnect automatically after I disabled and reenabled the WIFI connection.

I might be back in business here. If it still seems to be stable after a few days, I will declare victory.

thanks to those who have helped on this forum. If it's true that Google and HTC are using Nexus one owners as lab-rats to improve Android, I hope that Google has learned something too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links