Format SD card?

This is a discussion on Format SD card? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; There is an exclamation point icon with what looks like an image of a SD card on the left corner of the status bar. When ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Format SD card?

Format SD card?

There is an exclamation point icon with what looks like an image of a SD card on the left corner of the status bar. When I swipe down the notifications panel it shows
    Ongoing
    Blank SD card
    SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem.
    When I touch this it then shows
    Format SD card
    Are you sure you want to format the SD card? All data on your card will be lost.
    Format/Cancel
    I downloaded and uninstalled some apps and believe it has something to do with that. What exactly will be erased if I decide to format? I haven't touched the memory card incase your wondering. I've touched cancel, but the notification icon remains. I had a temporary number until last night when my number finally ported over. I got the notification a little while after that, but I don't know if or why that would have anything to do with it. What should I do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry I can't help, but I'm having the same problem. Had to format my SD 2x today...

[QUOTE=arhidia;45636What exactly will be erased if I decide to format?[/QUOTE]

If you decide to format the card, anything on it will be erased. Does your computer read SD cards (not via the phone) or do you have a card reader? If so, you can see if your computer can read the card and then copy any files you want to keep to a backup before you format the card. If it happens again, maybe you have a defective SD card? Good luck.

When I turned on my phone today the notification was gone and everything is back to normal. I'll post back if it reappears. Thanks for the replies.

I called Google support today and went through some brief troubleshooting for my SD card. They then said they will contact HTC for me while I was on hold. Transferred to HTC, said they will replace card but the system is showing the stock 4Gb Micro SD cards are out of stock and that I would be on a waiting list to receive one. This is unacceptable. Told me that I should feel more than welcome to buy another SD card at the store and upgrade my storage to something bigger. Seriously? I had this phone for a month. I paid $579USD. That's piss poor. Just a heads up. D:

So, on the weekend the icon reappeared and I decided to wait and see if it would go away again, but it hasn't. This time it says
    Removed SD card
    SD card removed. Insert a new one.

@ Maris
    I don't have a card reader and I don't know if my Macbook reads SD cards. I will try and see if I can copy my files to my computer. If I can't it's not that big a deal since I don't have anything too important on my phone.

@ drummr160
    Did you receive your new SD card yet?

If this was happening to me I would shut down the phone and remove the card entirely. Reinsert the card, reboot.

The stock SD card does not need to be formatted so there is obviously something not being read properly.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    If this was happening to me I would shut down the phone and remove the card entirely. Reinsert the card, reboot.

The stock SD card does not need to be formatted so there is obviously something not being read properly.
    Thanks. I did what you said and everything seems to be ok.

Hi there, This is my first post and mine has just started to say this today! Whats going on?

Me too. I was putting some video on the card last night using ES File Explorer. I also have astro installed. Everything seemed to work fine, but today I got the "Blank SD Card" notification in the taskbar. This happened after the touch screen got confused during web browsing (thought I was touching somewhere I wasn't), so I rebooted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links