Nexus One does NOT save ringtone settings!

This is a discussion on Nexus One does NOT save ringtone settings! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wow, this is driving me nuts. I have gone into three of my key communication applications: email, gmail, and google talk and in each application ...

Thread: Nexus One does NOT save ringtone settings!

Nexus One does NOT save ringtone settings!

Wow, this is driving me nuts. I have gone into three of my key communication applications: email, gmail, and google talk and in each application I have selected a DIFFERENT ringtone such that I can tell by sound which type of notification I am receiving. I have quadruple checked that I am doing this correctly by leaving the application after I have made the setting and then returning to check that the setting has been retained. This works fine. Then things go haywire. The first time that I receive a new email in the email (non-gmail) app the notification I hear isn't the one I set it too, it is the default notification sound!! When I go back into the settings in the mail app, sure enough, the setting has reset to the default! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone else know of a solution?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

missed call

You have another app installed which is resetting your notification sounds.

Most likely suspects are things like Missed Call, Locale, etc. Anything that changes your preferences based on a given criteria is suspect.

Personally, I had this problem with Missed Call - uninstalled it and the problem went away.

You'll have to uninstall your suspect apps one by one until you find the one that's doing it. Then complain to that app author. You might want to update this thread too with the misbehaving app so other people are warned.

Quote Originally Posted by odhinn View Post
    You have another app installed which is resetting your notification sounds.

Most likely suspects are things like Missed Call, Locale, etc. Anything that changes your preferences based on a given criteria is suspect.

Personally, I had this problem with Missed Call - uninstalled it and the problem went away.

You'll have to uninstall your suspect apps one by one until you find the one that's doing it. Then complain to that app author. You might want to update this thread too with the misbehaving app so other people are warned.
    Unbelievable. It appears that the BBC News Application was causing this. I uninstalled it, tested and my ringtone settings held. Wow, that's terrible coding. I don't even know why that application would even need to tap into your ringtone settings. Thanks for the great advice.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links