TMO 3G Tweaks?

This is a discussion on TMO 3G Tweaks? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Any additional ones out there? I think the combination of the hardware reception issues the N1 has combined with the weak T-Mobile 3G Network here ...

Thread: TMO 3G Tweaks?

TMO 3G Tweaks?

Any additional ones out there? I think the combination of the hardware reception issues the N1 has combined with the weak T-Mobile 3G Network here in SF make for a really poor user experience. I am still flipping from Edge (E) to 3G quite often and it seems like data connectivity drops and takes a while to recover if it ever does. Manually switching 3G/2G or bouncing the connection via airplane mode or rebooting the phone sometimes seems to temporarily help the situation. It kinda sucks b/c now I try to use Wifi and TMO hotspots whenever possible otherwise I jsut get web pages that take forever to load and I can't reliably use anything that requires a data connection. I think there are too many factors going on here. I have even added some of those cell boosters and tested in my apartment (which is much better than the 33 story highrise I work in here downtown). In the lowest signal areas I only gained about 4db (9db in highest).

Spotty 3G Part 2 WCDMA Settings
    Resolve Flaky 3G Connection On The Nexus One
    Toggle ciphering

I have done both of these and I think it helps a little. Has anyone else played with these settings and had any success? One thing I have noticed is my coverage is MUCH better in Palm Springs for some reason and I just don't seem to have the same problems there. My friends in Phoenix area also don't seem to have any problems either tho one of them only after getting a replacement N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Guessing no one else knows of any. I unlocked my phone last night will be rooting and flashing latest cyanogen mod in hopes that can help.

I have been hearing about trying a different sim card. I don't see how that could help at all - I am on TMO's HSDPA network...

To manually set 3g:

Go to phone > dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and choose WCMA Only.

This will keep you on 3G and force a better speed. If by chance you roam out of 3G coverage & find you need EDGE, you can easily switch back to WCMA Preferred.

BTW - the 3g T-Mo network in San Diego is blazing fast; highly noticeable over the ATT and Verizon speeds. T-Mo continues to upgrade their network towers across the US.

That's mentioned in the first link I posted and I have been running this tweak for a while - I think it helps a little but it's still not that great in certain areas. Also I do flip back to Edge with this setting just not as often it would seem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links