GPS problem

This is a discussion on GPS problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi all, i'm having issues with my GPS connection! It doesn't seem to want to work, i've tried turning it off/on repeatedly but nothing! I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS problem

GPS problem

hi all, i'm having issues with my GPS connection! It doesn't seem to want to work, i've tried turning it off/on repeatedly but nothing! I downloaded a GPS prog that shows how many satellites you're connected to (GPS test) but again that shows it's not connected to any!

Is there any way of resetting the GPS within the phone settings, i'm thinking it may somehow have become corrupted and is no longer activating.

Any ideas are appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you in a place that has an unobstructed sky view?

Has it ever worked? How long have you had the phone?

Worst case, try rebooting....

tried today in a park with clear line of sight of the sky. It did work until recently, last time i recall it working was when i flew to Italy a few weeks ago, had it running on the plane as we took off to monitor the speed etc.

Could going through the x-ray machine have caused issues ?

What leads you to believe the GPS is not working?

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

I tried to use it in Italy running a number of apps: hi-hiker pro and google maps to no avail. I assumed that perhaps by being in another Country it somehow may get disabled by network providers or may not be set up for use over there (daft notion but i was trying to think why it wouldn't work) so i waited until i got back to the UK to see if it would work.

I've tried to use the car home prog but that just says it's searching for a fix on my location. I fire up GPS test and in the GPS status there should be a green "light" with GPS on and the display showing how many sats are in view/in use, instead i have a yellow "light" with GPS on and no sats in use/view. Last night i had it running for the journey home from work, a distance of 35 miles and an hour or so around the glorious M25.........had the yellow light on the whole way! I tried a few turn on/offs of the GPS all to no avail. Only once yesterday did it flicker into life but that was for a few minutes then it seemed to lose the sats again.

I'll try it again today but it's looking more likely that i've either got a dud unit or else i'm going to have to do a hard reset, something i really don't want to do as i'll lose all the progs i have, contacts etc (though i assume that google will just update my contacts automatically from my online email/calender progs)

cheers again and i look forwards to more advice.

Question

Like I asked before, has it ever worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Like I asked before, has it ever worked?
    eek! sorry beer, didn't answer that did i ? doh!

It did work perfectly well until i went on holiday. The last time i used it was on the plane to track the speed of the take off. It's like it has got overloaded or frozen up by calculating speeds above what it would consider a car to do...........i don't know if it works like that but that's how it appears as it hasn't worked since!

Howdy acabbie!

When you turn on GMaps, does the sat symbol launch up top? The symbol has two components, the 'base' (dish) and the 'signal' (reception). Do they both throb continuously, or does the base throb first, then stick, and you're stuck with throbbing signal?

Quote Originally Posted by acabbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

I tried to use it in Italy running a number of apps: hi-hiker pro and google maps to no avail. I assumed that perhaps by being in another Country it somehow may get disabled by network providers or may not be set up for use over there (daft notion but i was trying to think why it wouldn't work) so i waited until i got back to the UK to see if it would work.

I've tried to use the car home prog but that just says it's searching for a fix on my location. I fire up GPS test and in the GPS status there should be a green "light" with GPS on and the display showing how many sats are in view/in use, instead i have a yellow "light" with GPS on and no sats in use/view. Last night i had it running for the journey home from work, a distance of 35 miles and an hour or so around the glorious M25.........had the yellow light on the whole way! I tried a few turn on/offs of the GPS all to no avail. Only once yesterday did it flicker into life but that was for a few minutes then it seemed to lose the sats again.

I'll try it again today but it's looking more likely that i've either got a dud unit or else i'm going to have to do a hard reset, something i really don't want to do as i'll lose all the progs i have, contacts etc (though i assume that google will just update my contacts automatically from my online email/calender progs)

cheers again and i look forwards to more advice.
    Make sure you are only using GPS to get your location. Using both the Network and GPS for location messes with all the apps that need a location fix.

Home > Settings > Location & security

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Howdy acabbie!

When you turn on GMaps, does the sat symbol launch up top? The symbol has two components, the 'base' (dish) and the 'signal' (reception). Do they both throb continuously, or does the base throb first, then stick, and you're stuck with throbbing signal?
    The dish appears but doesn't flash.the signal (green) indicator continuously flashes for as long as the program is open.my journey to work today was about 30 minutes and it flashed the whole time.......had it plugged into the power supply.

I've tried it with both settings; use gps and also network and I've tried it just using either!

I've also taken the battery out a number of times to do a soft reset.

It worked so well before as I used it for twitter,4 square etc.

Cheers again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links