Nexus One Speeds - EDGE Network

This is a discussion on Nexus One Speeds - EDGE Network within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i just got my nexus one today, and after installing cyanogen and the tethering app, the internet speeds are excruciatingly slow and unstable. what makes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Speeds - EDGE Network

Nexus One Speeds - EDGE Network

i just got my nexus one today, and after installing cyanogen and the tethering app, the internet speeds are excruciatingly slow and unstable. what makes it weirder, my HTC Tilt is still much faster than the nexus one with internet.

is there anything i can do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

manually change to 3G only (factory default is 3G preferred)...

In "preferred" mode it will use whichever has the strongest signal - but even the weakest 3G signal is way faster than a decent Edge signal (for me)... I changed to 3G only the other day and have had no issues since (consistent good speed)...

If you are in an area with limited 3G coverage this wont help

*Edit - to force 3G only, from the phones keypad type *#*#4636#*#* (at least on my phone, I dont know there are different codes)... then open "phone information" and scroll down to "Set preferred network type"... choose WCDMA only.
    Ron Paul is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    manually change to 3G only (factory default is 3G preferred)...

In "preferred" mode it will use whichever has the strongest signal - but even the weakest 3G signal is way faster than a decent Edge signal (for me)... I changed to 3G only the other day and have had no issues since (consistent good speed)...

If you are in an area with limited 3G coverage this wont help
    i don't get 3G where i live, at least never have noticed it.

why would an HTC tilt get a better EDGE signal than the nexus?

I'm not familiar with tilt - I do not get good Edge connectivity with my N1 either.... but I'm in a highly populated area in So Cal and have good 3G coverage...

The antenna is at the bottom of the phone - try to keep it clear (not cupping / blocking with your hand) that might help
    Ron Paul is correct.

there are two different types on sim cards out.. for tmobile at least. there are some that end in a 20 and the new ones that end in a 30..

i got mine replaced with a new sim and i have better signal and dont loose 3G in places where i used to. good luck!

^^^ did you have to pay for the new sim card?... Since the N1 doesnt come with one, I'm using my previous one (I'm sure its the older version)...

I called T-Mobile to inquire about getting a new one, they want $20... you'd think after spending almost $600 for the phone and the thousands I've spent with TM over the years, they could float me a damn SIM card
    Ron Paul is correct.

I called T-Mobile to inquire about getting a new one, they want $20... you'd think after spending almost $600 for the phone and the thousands I've spent with TM over the years, they could float me a damn SIM card
    I'll bet they don't care how much you spent on your phone, since you didn't get it from them..... :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I'll bet they don't care how much you spent on your phone, since you didn't get it from them..... :nexusx:
    right... thats why I didnt say "since I gave them 600 for the phone" - obviously Google doesn't carry t-mobile SIM cards...

point being; significant money is spent (for their network), regardless of whether they get money for the phone - I still added service and have been a customer for 10+ years - It seems goofy (IMO) that they would charge $20 just to replace a SIM card...

I wonder if I committed to a 2 year term if they would have given me a card?

Anyway, it isnt worth carrying on here about... I'll by the card, I just thought it was odd that they didn't provide one and was wondering if the poster I responded to paid or got it free...
    Ron Paul is correct.

Try telling them it's defective...or even threaten to cancel your account...it's amazing how the tune changes when retentions get involved. The ONLY company(s) that did NOT respond to my cancellation challenge was/were Sirius and XM...so MANY people were doing exactly the same thing, they just gave in and let us all cancel. THAT was weird.

^^^ did you have to pay for the new sim card?... Since the N1 doesnt come with one, I'm using my previous one (I'm sure its the older version)...

A sim card should be free. I have gotten mine replaces free a few times. Just had to go to a t-mobile store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links