Phone Mutes Itself

This is a discussion on Phone Mutes Itself within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue. In the middle of a conversation, the person on the other end can no longer hear me. ...

Thread: Phone Mutes Itself

Phone Mutes Itself

Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue. In the middle of a conversation, the person on the other end can no longer hear me. When in my car and connected to the integrated Bluetooth, the display on the dash indicates "Mute" is on when this happens. I just attempted to leave a voicemail on a friends machine and it cut me off saying no one was speaking. It seems the phone just activates mute at random times.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have my Nexus One pair with a Kenwood car stereo and it work great. The moment I start my car it automatically connects to my stereo I don't even have to pull my N1 out of my pocket, it automatically starts to download my contacts to my stereo and all I have to do is push the play button on my Kenwood to start playing music from my N1.

As far as making or receiving a call thru my stereo everything works. Your problem seems to be one of two possibilities, your stereo, or maybe an application interfering.

First you should pair your N1 to another hands free device to see if it behaves the same way.
    If it does behaves the same way then look at your apps, for better result you might want to consider reseting your N1 rather than uninstalling an app.
    If it work fine with other hands free device then you should call your stereo manufacturer or you might want to consider a more capable stereo.

My car system works similarly. I don't need to touch the phone, it's automatically recognized by the cars Bluetooth. I only mentioned the car because it's evident that the phone is on mute by looking at the head unit in the dashboard. The phone mutes itself whether I'm using it as a handset in my house or connected via Bluetooth in my car. I suppose it's possible that my face contacting the mute button might cause this to happen, but it doesn't explain why it would do so in my car when I'm not in physical contact with it.

Phone Mutes Itself

Wow... self-mutilation!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this issue.

I don't use a bluetooth device.

However, I also will get the same symbol when I'm in a middle of a conversation. I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. If I give a few seconds and call them back it will work. I've done a restart on the phone as well as doing a factory reset and still will get the same issue.

Same problem. I swear it didn't happen until after updating to 2.2...that or when I was playing around with the mute function on my bluetooth headset.

Muting the phone and then un-muting it seems to work...VERY annoying and needs to be fixed.

This was happening before I upgraded to 2.2. So far it hasn't done it yet but I haven't been on the phone much. I'll try to test it out this weekend to see if it did does it again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links