cannot save contact name as 'home'?

This is a discussion on cannot save contact name as 'home'? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; has anyone seen this one yet? i'm trying to save a contact and call the name 'home' and it will not show up in my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cannot save contact name as 'home'?

cannot save contact name as 'home'?

has anyone seen this one yet? i'm trying to save a contact and call the name 'home' and it will not show up in my contact list after it's been saved. I've tried adding other names, even duplicates of names already in my contact list and they get saved but not when i try to save anything that is referred to as 'home'

any clue what's going on with this one?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco D'Voe View Post
    has anyone seen this one yet? i'm trying to save a contact and call the name 'home' and it will not show up in my contact list after it's been saved. I've tried adding other names, even duplicates of names already in my contact list and they get saved but not when i try to save anything that is referred to as 'home'

any clue what's going on with this one?

Mine works ok, Check link...

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-contacts.html

Strange. I can save everything else i'm entering in my phone, except when i name the contact 'home'. its not there after it says it has been saved. the number of contacts at the top of the list will not change numbers either.

WTF????

I've gone on my computer and in my gmail account contacts i can see the 65000909 copies of the name home that i've tried to save in there.

now can anyone please explain what the hell is going on with this stupid contact system in this phone????????

i've tried clicking all of the contact display options like suggested in the other thread but the name is still not on my phone. only shows up when i look in my gmail account on my PC.

I just received this phone yesterday so i still haven't tried entering too many contacts. Now how many other names are going to be invisible when i enter them?? how can this non-functional system of keeping contact names not a deal breaker for everyone here???

Just to eliminate any software glitches, go back into your Gmail account; delete all but one of the 'home' > sync with your phone > power off > remove battery for 3mins. reinstall and see if it shows the one 'home' that wasn't deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Just to eliminate any software glitches, go back into your Gmail account; delete all but one of the 'home' > sync with your phone > power off > remove battery for 3mins. reinstall and see if it shows the one 'home' that wasn't deleted.
    I followed your instructions and unfortunately no luck. For whatever bizarre reason its not on my phone.

I'm getting really worried I made a dumb decision buying this phone. I've already found the wifi problem, I've had to reset the router a couple times to get a connection again with this thing.

I don't care how pretty the screen is or how fast I can run 20000 Widgets at the same time. If I can't get the most basic function as entering a client's phone # on my phone then this damn thing is useless for me.

If you go to your contacts and do a search for 'home'...

Is the Nexus able to find it?

If yes, make it a favourite and it should now show in your 'favourites' list.

I use #Home as it shows at the Top of my Contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco D'Voe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    I followed your instructions and unfortunately no luck. For whatever bizarre reason its not on my phone.

I'm getting really worried I made a dumb decision buying this phone. I've already found the wifi problem, I've had to reset the router a couple times to get a connection again with this thing.

I don't care how pretty the screen is or how fast I can run 20000 Widgets at the same time. If I can't get the most basic function as entering a client's phone # on my phone then this damn thing is useless for me.

It's probably something very simple. Are you sure you have gone into the contact's display options from the menu, tapped on the gmail account, and made sure ALL groups are checked and optionally "Only contacts with phones" is selected correctly for your situation?

i've tried all the suggestions that were made here but still, this one name will not show up. I can't recreate the problem with any other names so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links