Stopping Data Problem

This is a discussion on Stopping Data Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there, I have just purchased my Nexus One and I am really enjoying it. I am currently running it on the Vodafone New Zealand ...

Thread: Stopping Data Problem

Stopping Data Problem

Hi there,

I have just purchased my Nexus One and I am really enjoying it.
    I am currently running it on the Vodafone New Zealand network and so far things have been great.

My only issue is that it seems to be using a lot of data. I did a bit of research and tried the Quick Settings and APNDroid apps, but to no avail they don't seem to be working for me!

It is quite strange - when I switch data off using Quick Settings I can still connect to websites, and when I switch on APNDroid I can still connect! I have even tried removing the APN settings (changing them to blank) but still, I can visit websites.

Does anyone know how I can get around this and why these apps aren't working for me? Could there be a problem with my phone?

Thanks,

NITC

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When you say quick settings, what are you actually turning off? You obviously haven't killed all data, as 3G/EDGE/G would still be running unless you chose airplane mode. Need more detail.

I turn off the mobile data option in the application Quick Settings, which is supposed to stop all data but I can still connect to the net, open web pages etc

Quote Originally Posted by NITC View Post
    I turn off the mobile data option in the application Quick Settings, which is supposed to stop all data but I can still connect to the net, open web pages etc
    I believe Vodafone New Zealand allows you to connect with any APN settings. The tools you use to disable data just specify "bogus" APN settings, but VF NZ still accepts them and you are still online and being charged. For now your only option is to delete all APNs in Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.

A firmware update that should be available by end of May will have an option to disable data all together without going into airplane mode or changing / deleting APN settings.

and note that the APNdroid only stops connections establishing and doesn't kill current connections, what you should try is enabling APNDroid then switching into plane mode and them back again and that will stop connections, i have started using APNDroid at nights and have been blown away by how much battery it saves
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/