Wifi glitch is driving me nuts any solutions?

This is a discussion on Wifi glitch is driving me nuts any solutions? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've searched and tried several suggestions for the wifi problem with this phone. I'm using a d-link DIR-615 wireless router and several times a day ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi glitch is driving me nuts any solutions?

Wifi glitch is driving me nuts any solutions?

I've searched and tried several suggestions for the wifi problem with this phone.

I'm using a d-link DIR-615 wireless router and several times a day i have to go unplug the router in order for the phone to connect properly. The phone randomly freezes while still showing a connection.

Are there any suggestions on settings for the router that perhaps I haven't tried yet? buying a new router is NOT an option, the router is fine, google needs to fix this issue.

I've tried setting the phone to not turn off wifi when sleeping, i've tried installing the latest firmware on my router, i've tried the wifi fixer app on my phone. still no consistent connection. having to run downstairs to unplug/plug the router in 6 times a day while working from home is a major pain it the ass.

any help would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You probably don't want to hear it, but it sounds like you've done almost everything already.

Other things to try:
    1) Changing the channel on the router to one with less interference
    2) Manually set the connection on the N1 in Wi-Fi settings > Advanced. You want to enter the static IP address of the router (192.168.x.x)

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    You probably don't want to hear it, but it sounds like you've done almost everything already.

Other things to try:
    1) Changing the channel on the router to one with less interference
    2) Manually set the connection on the N1 in Wi-Fi settings > Advanced. You want to enter the static IP address of the router (192.168.x.x)
    thanks, i'll try setting the static address on the phone. what about the other settings? should i set anything else, gateway, netmask, dns1, etc?

To set an static IP you do need to set all fields.

You should consider calling Google (1- 888-48-NEXUS (63987). Open daily from 7:00 am EST to 10:00 pm EST). it seem like there is a problem with the device. That is a little strange because before I can make it to my front door my N1 is already connected and not once has it drop the signal.

Download this Wifi Static v1.7 Application for Android | Tools

It will auto generate a static connection for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    You should consider calling Google (1- 888-48-NEXUS (63987). Open daily from 7:00 am EST to 10:00 pm EST). it seem like there is a problem with the device. That is a little strange because before I can make it to my front door my N1 is already connected and not once has it drop the signal.
    I'd be very interested to see what Google would say. The N1 is notoriously finicky about holding a connection to certain routers. I had the same problem myself, even though iPhone, BB's and old Nokia's all worked without a hitch.

The dilemma is that although it flat out doesn't work properly, it's only with some routers. My guess is Google would say change the router.

Rocco, let us know how if you get a stable connection working

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Rocco, let us know how if you get a stable connection working
    will do. i've installed the wifi static app and so far its working. if the connection freezes up again i'll let you know.

I have a
    NetGear wireless-N 300
    Hardware Version: WNR2000v2
    Firmware Version: V1.0.0.34_29.0.45NA

There's a problem with the N1 and some wireless-N routers, and I've seen the same symptoms myself. My N1 works fine with my Trendnet TEW-671BR, but can wedge a nearby Linksys wrt320n.

My approach: avoid wireless-n routers until this is fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links