Annoying reboots

This is a discussion on Annoying reboots within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So i am guessing that it is a random reboot loop? after i flashed a custom rom mine would reboot several seconds after booting and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying reboots

So i am guessing that it is a random reboot loop? after i flashed a custom rom mine would reboot several seconds after booting and the problem was a directory fail with the notification sound, the fix was really fast getting into the settings and changing the notification sound to anything.

but no i have had no problems with my stock nexus, everything that has happened is a result of my fiddling with it lol ordering a new nexus after this is over would be a great idea as once you play with a working model you will forget everything that has happened.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I agree with Nobby...your current Nexus is a fluke...nobody's gotten two bad ones in a row that I've heard of.

I had almost the exact same issues that you have stated. Out of the box it just would go into this loop of rebooting and staying on for brief periods and then rebooting again. This could be for a matter of seconds or minutes to 15 minutes. Tried all kinds of hard resets and Hard boots to no avail. The only difference with me is that is would not hang up on the x screen. Sent it back for a refund and ordered another one and it seems to be just fine. Still awaiting my refund on the first one. I had the option for them to replace the phone but was told by HTC that it would most likely be a refurbished unit, and was advised to go the route that I did. I have had the new N1 for just over nine days and I just love it!!!!!!!!!!! The finest phone I have ever had, along with being the most enjoyable one so far. If the refund is handled like I have been led to believe then I am extremely satisfied and happy.

same problem here. constant reboots, my record is 7 so far before it catches the home screen. happens every time you try to open maps, but will do it randomly to. Bummed that it sounds like i have to get a new phone, its only been about 12 hours.

very very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ryan63d View Post
    same problem here. constant reboots, my record is 7 so far before it catches the home screen. happens every time you try to open maps, but will do it randomly to. Bummed that it sounds like i have to get a new phone, its only been about 12 hours.
    This is a corrupt app (Maps?)..I would ensure you have d/l'd the latest update, and kill all tasks before d/l'ing and updating. Try a manual reboot, wait, kill all apps, then try launching Maps..I bet it's fine after that. Something is hogging the data connection when you launch Maps that is causing the crash, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan63d View Post
    This is a corrupt app (Maps?)..I would ensure you have d/l'd the latest update, and kill all tasks before d/l'ing and updating. Try a manual reboot, wait, kill all apps, then try launching Maps..I bet it's fine after that. Something is hogging the data connection when you launch Maps that is causing the crash, I suspect.
    I doubt it, its the maps that came intalled on the phone. I updated as soon as i powered up the phone for the first time yesterday. The phone just constantly reboots for no reason. Now Wont get passed the X screen.

Called HTC and am getting a new phone in a couple day's. So much for Work this week. Sucks when you need a cell phone to make money.

Thanks Google and HTC.

(almost cant hide my frustration anymore)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links