Annoying reboots

This is a discussion on Annoying reboots within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just got my nexus one yesterday. Didn't get a chance to do anything but fire it up last night. There was an update available ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying reboots

Annoying reboots

I just got my nexus one yesterday. Didn't get a chance to do anything but fire it up last night. There was an update available this morning that I ran. That looked to be all good. Now I busted it out to start playing with it and it's really pissing me off. I haven't added any apps whatsoever, just playing around getting used to android. I went to the youtube channel to search for a video and the phone automatically rebooted itself but it won't boot, just hangs on the "X" now until I pull the battery. After I did that it booted up but said no service. I powered down, removed the sim card, made sure it looked alright, put it back in and powered it on again. Initially, it said no service again but then it kicked in after about 10 seconds. Then, I slid down the notifications and the phone rebooted again and is now hanging on the "X" again.

Anyone else experienced such annoying issues right off the bat? Anything anyone can suggest? Does this sound like I got a bunk phone? I'll try a hard reset and see what happens but man, really annoying right off the bat.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just did a hard reset, "clear storage" right? Well, it's now going into a constant reboot loop. Since I had the no service thing happening I removed my sim card, booted it up and it's been running good for like 10 min now. Now I'm wondering if maybe my sim card, which is probably over 3 yrs old needs to be replaced. Anyone got some input for me?

A 3-year-old SIM card isn't that old, but if it is running fine without it, and constantly reboots with it, I think you found your problem. It's easy enough to get another SIM to check that out before your return period is up. Worth a try.

I agree with Maris. I was ready to throw my HTC Hero out the window after using it for a week. Only to find out most of the problems where SIM card related.

I'll see what happens today. Now I put my sim back in it after having it out for 30 min or so and it's working good, so far... Been on for another 30 min or so now without any reboot problems...

Geez, nm, within the time of my last post I opened up google maps and moved around and it rebooted again. Gar!
    This time it actually booted back up though and didn't hang on the "X".

Opened up a browser now and it rebooted on me again... Hanging on the "X" this time though...

Ok, I took the sim card out again and was playing around on it for about 20 min, mostly on the browser then I switched to google maps and after about 30 seconds it rebooted on me (sans sim card). Then it hung on the "X" for a few seconds and then the screen went berzerk and had a green tint to it with lines going horizontally. Then it shut off. Now I'm convinced I just got a terrible phone.

Now getting a refund to possibly get a new nexus one. Not sure at this point though. Anyone have some reassurance for me that they don't have odd reboot issues whatsoever? So annoying.

I don't have any. But no one can guarantee you won't get reboots, obviously there's an issue with your current phone.

If you want, try another N1... otherwise, lots of other phones to choose from out there, including non-Android OS's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links