sms texts issues

This is a discussion on sms texts issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yeah, I live in Pakistan and I work with one of the VAS providers here. The reason that I know a little bit more is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sms texts issues

Yeah, I live in Pakistan and I work with one of the VAS providers here. The reason that I know a little bit more is that I'm sending out the messages myself And we want users to send a reply so we have not done anything to the message. It works perfectly fine on all other handsets but nexus one.

SMS on Android Sucks

Web Met Phone and slaughtered SMS

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reventon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Although I've never had this problem, I've read about it many times. I send SMS to groups all the time for work and the stock Messaging app is not suited for it.

Try Handcent SMS v3.1 Application for Android | Communication You can send group SMS easily. It hasn't failed me yet.
    I been using handcent sms all these while.not really get a solution on how to fix it. I've to rely on my old nokia for this .
    I've even tried ChompSMS...

Same Problem

I need to send these reports out to the team first thing every morning...

Pls Help

Quote Originally Posted by pakistani View Post
    .... When the length of sender number is less then 5 digits e.g. if you receive a text "test message" from 224 or 2244 then instead of showing 224 or 2244 as sender's number, it will show "test". I don't know what these kind of number's are called in other countries but we call it shortcode. I've also heard people calling it SNO. Normally these kind of messages are sent from the mobile operator or VAS provider...
    I remember reading somewhere (cannot remember where now) that the short number formats are the problem. Android isn't designed to handle them. At the time I read that there was no work-around, and I haven't seen anything more since then. I may have read it as an issue on the actual Google forums, now that I think about it.

The issue is with the name of the Sender. If there is a gap, for e.g. - (hyphen) or a space then this problem occurs.

I am struggling with this same issue for a very long time now.

It has been reported at many places:

See here:
    1. • View topic - Bug Report (Desire): Messages from shortcode delivered twice
    2. • View topic - Bug Report (Hero): Wrong user gets attached to sms.
    3. Issue 6526 - android - SMS from short number - Project Hosting on Google Code

So far, cant do much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links