sms texts issues

This is a discussion on sms texts issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, I'm having some issues here. When receiving sms, the senders number doesn't always appear. Instead, it shows the first word of the sms ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sms texts issues

Exclamation sms texts issues

Hey guys, I'm having some issues here. When receiving sms, the senders number doesn't always appear. Instead, it shows the first word of the sms as the sender.
    Meaning I can't really find out who sended the message cuz it doesn't show the senders number. Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anybody???

Are you using the stock messenger?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I tried both. Both are the same. Handcet and the stock are the same.
    I even tried removing ALL numbers from phone and/or sim. Nothing.
    MOST of the time, the first word gets marked as the senders number.

Hmm...did can't find anything in settings that could help. Did you try turning off the phone and pulling the battery for a few minutes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also to view the contact, open your sms app, long press a thread, select view contact. This may help you know who the message is from.

I forgot to ask: Do you currently another app that manages your contacts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I can explain a bit more when the problem occurs. When the length of sender number is less then 5 digits e.g. if you receive a text "test message" from 224 or 2244 then instead of showing 224 or 2244 as sender's number, it will show "test". I don't know what these kind of number's are called in other countries but we call it shortcode. I've also heard people calling it SNO. Normally these kind of messages are sent from the mobile operator or VAS provider.

No matter what I do, I can't see the sender number. I've tried using Handcent and ChompSMS. I've checked the message details etc but nothing helped.

I hope someone out there knows how to solve this problem and will help us as well Thanks in advance.

Thanks yaar, for providing more detail. Now, these txt messages you get, are they from senders that are already in your contacts or just random senders? Because when I get txt messages, it has the name of the contact then the message. It only shows the number for people that are not in my contacts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

These messages are normally sent by mobile operators or VAS providers. The sender number is not in my contact list.

For normal senders, my phone behaves in the same way as you described. It shows the contact name if the message is from a known number or otherwise it shows the mobile number. But when the length of sender number is less then 5 digits then it has this problem.

Hmm...I'm stumped. Sorry. I guess that the problems comes from the other side. It's probably how they are sending the txt to you...they probably don't want a reply back...kinda like the "no reply" emails. That's just a guess though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. BTW do you live in Pakistan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links