i have signal but can't connect to any of mobile networks

This is a discussion on i have signal but can't connect to any of mobile networks within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hello.i'm new on this forum so i'm sorry if these thread is already existing. i have nexus one for a while, and i'm not having ...

Thread: i have signal but can't connect to any of mobile networks

i have signal but can't connect to any of mobile networks

hello.i'm new on this forum so i'm sorry if these thread is already existing. i have nexus one for a while, and i'm not having problem with connectivity by wi-fi. but when wi-fi is turned off i cant gett to the any of mobile networks ( edge, 2G or 3G). i have full signal but no access to internet.i'm on t mobile operater croatia. i have already tryed with force on gsm only or wcdma only but no luck... any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

here is the picture that shows symbol of network that i have
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. The picture you posted shows signal strength, but doesn't says from which carrier. Maybe it's a signal from another carrier than T-Mobile. To check, remove your SIM card and try it on another phone, to see if problem comes from the SIM card (other phone also does not connect) or from your Nexus (other phone can connect).

2. You say you cannot connect to the internet. Do you have a data plan with T-Mobile. or only a voice plan?

Jim

sim card has alredy been in iphone before nexus and there was no problem with connectivity. so it is probably problem with nexus. i'm not sure what you mean when you say 'data or voice plan'. i have the activated option for internet, if that is answer on your question.

Are you sure that your 'APN' (menu > settings > wireless & network > mobile network > access point name) is set up correctly for your carrier?

when i enter in menu > settings > wireless & network > mobile network > access point name there is nothing in there. there is not any network or something that i can choose, just blank screen

Quote Originally Posted by etica View Post
    when i enter in menu > settings > wireless & network > mobile network > access point name there is nothing in there. there is not any network or something that i can choose, just blank screen
    When you have your APN settings from your carrier, this is where the settings are placed.

If it is blank, this would explain the reason for 'no internet connection'.

Look at a working phone and find the APN settings and copy that onto the Nexus...

You should then have joy!!

Quote Originally Posted by etica View Post
    i have the activated option for internet, if that is answer on your question.
    Yes, that's what I meant so, as Bishop6 says, the problem is with your APN settings.

For more info on creating and editing an APN, have a look here (scroll to the bottom of the page):

Connecting to mobile networks - Nexus One Help

For more info on APN settings for T-Mobile, have a look here:

T-Mobile APN Data Conn config for Nexus One - Android Help

Again, scroll to the bottom of the page. It seems that it's better to leave the proxy and port fields blank.

Jim

Edited: Link to APN settings is for T-Mobile US, may be different for your country...

yeah, that's it. tnx for help, now i have 3g and it works great

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links