Format SD Card, Re-inserted, Now running slow!

This is a discussion on Format SD Card, Re-inserted, Now running slow! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I Read up on here that the nexus one is having problems with the micro SD card so i removed it and then re-inserted it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Format SD Card, Re-inserted, Now running slow!

Format SD Card, Re-inserted, Now running slow!

I Read up on here that the nexus one is having problems with the micro SD card so i removed it and then re-inserted it and now its running really slow and says its preparing the SD card. I cant even unlock the phone as the touch screen combo thing is running that slow it locks before it finishes the pattern.

Thanks

Ben

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbenstrikes View Post
    I Read up on here that the nexus one is having problems with the micro SD card...
    No, the Nexus One is not having problems w/ the SD card. It was just one person. You jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

...so i removed it and then re-inserted it and now its running really slow and says its preparing the SD card. I cant even unlock the phone as the touch screen combo thing is running that slow it locks before it finishes the pattern.
    You may have removed the SD card without turning the phone off.

I suggest shutting down the phone completely, then removing the SD card and reinserting it. Then reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I Read up on here that the nexus one is having problems with the micro SD card...
    No, the Nexus One is not having problems w/ the SD card. It was just one person. You jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

...so i removed it and then re-inserted it and now its running really slow and says its preparing the SD card. I cant even unlock the phone as the touch screen combo thing is running that slow it locks before it finishes the pattern.
    You may have removed the SD card without turning the phone off.

I suggest shutting down the phone completely, then removing the SD card and reinserting it. Then reboot.

I did turn the phone off before i removed the battery and card... i have reinserted it and booted it up but the problems still occur?

Any idea what it could be? I have removed the card for now andits running fine just not able to do a few things.

Thanks

Ben

Any idea what it could be?
    Possibly you did not reinsert the card correctly, or maybey the card was damaged when you removed it (since the phone seems to run "fine" without it.

Try calling HTC and see if you can talk them into sending you another one.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Any idea what it could be?
    Possibly you did not reinsert the card correctly, or maybey the card was damaged when you removed it (since the phone seems to run "fine" without it.

Try calling HTC and see if you can talk them into sending you another one.

Deffinetly removed it properly...

Ill try phoning them tommorow thanks

Ben

try and put the sd into a card reader on your pc see if you can read it,it might be faulty,just a suggestion

Also, be sure to unmount the SD card from your phone before removal, located under menu/settings/SD Card & Phone Storage.

What is un mounting sd card?

What does un mountint the sd card accomplish? I know how to do it, i just don't know why i should.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Also, be sure to unmount the SD card from your phone before removal, located under menu/settings/SD Card & Phone Storage.
    The phone will unmount the card when you shut it down. You only to unmount if you want to remove the card without shutting down or if you want to access it via USB.

You can also try booting the Nexus One in safe mode and then format the SD card and then reboot the phone and see if that does the trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links