tethering half working....wtf?

This is a discussion on tethering half working....wtf? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm beyond frustrated and angry right now, so please forgive the tone of my first post. I'm ready to feed this bloody phone to a ...

Thread: tethering half working....wtf?

tethering half working....wtf?

I'm beyond frustrated and angry right now, so please forgive the tone of my first post. I'm ready to feed this bloody phone to a camel.

I live and work in the middle east and have limited internet access. I went on temporary assignment and when I came back my tethering, using pdanet, was all jacked up. I can access certain pages, as this post shows, but now I suddenly can not access any pages such as gmail, facebook, and most distressingly, my university's online interface back in the states. It seems that any page with heavier javascript or application-like functions will not load at all.

Nothing changed on the phone save that I had a local sim when I was in the other country. I didn't change any data settings on the nexus one as I wasn't using data whilst on TDY. I replaced with my kuwait sim when I returned and it seemed to work just fine until I tried to tether my mac.

This is not a bandwidth issue, I have an iPhone and if I drop my sim in there these pages work fine....save that my particular iphone has never been healthy since it was jailbroken and so it's not an option to use right now. I actually need to download some apps for the iphone to fix it that I now can't get to with the nexus one because of this issue. I'm in a bad place and I need some help.

I DESPERATELY need to fix this as soon as possible. Like quite literally every minute counts I'm falling so far behind in my work and school. I've done a couple searches but found nothing and my bandwidth limits me here, I'm stuck in a remote location way out in the bloody desert.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I suspect you are using the free trial, which works great for the trial, then shuts off https (secure sign-in like google,etc.) after the trial expires. Pony up the dough and install the code, and you'll be back in service. G'Luck!

wow....I really(!!!) feel like a moron. I totally failed to notice the pattern that is was only https sites and I guess I never read that https would be blocked after a trial period. Reading the fine print would have saved me a lot of frustration.

This was the solution. Thanks for the fast reply. Easiest $20 I even spent given how stressed I was.

I agree..best $ I've spent on an app! Glad your back up and running! Back to work, you!

ive got pdanet but im a bit confused about it,from what i gather if im in a no wifi area i can use my phone as a modem but if i go on holiday my data charges would be astronomical so what can i do with it abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    ive got pdanet but im a bit confused about it,from what i gather if im in a no wifi area i can use my phone as a modem but if i go on holiday my data charges would be astronomical so what can i do with it abroad?
    You would simply need a 'local' SIM with vox/data allotment on it, to avoid those astronomical fees!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    You would simply need a 'local' SIM with vox/data allotment on it, to avoid those astronomical fees!
    so its pretty pointless as you would still need to pay a lot for it abroad ......... uninstalling as we speak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links