white envelope notification needs to always be manually cleared

This is a discussion on white envelope notification needs to always be manually cleared within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Whenever I get a SMS, I receive both the smiley chat bubble notification and the white square envelope new message notification. Is this normal? After ...

Thread: white envelope notification needs to always be manually cleared

white envelope notification needs to always be manually cleared

Whenever I get a SMS, I receive both the smiley chat bubble notification and the white square envelope new message notification. Is this normal? After I read the message, the smiley chat bubble disappears, but the white square envelope remains. It won't go away unless I hit the clear button. If I press either, the message app shows up (i.e. both take me to the same place)

I've searched the forums for multiple fixes, but haven't found one that worked.

I used to have Handcent and ChompSMS installed. I messed around with notification settings for a while but none fixed it. They've now been uninstalled with no change in the notification.

I went through and deleted all SMS messages in case I was somehow missing an unread message. Sending myself a new SMS still gave the same issue.

I deleted K-9 mail reader in case this was somehow linked to the white square envelope notification. Apparently not.

Fairly annoying. Anything else I'm missing? Don't know if it's worth doing a factory reset for this annoyance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Never mind, figured it out.

double message notification - Page 3 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Beautiful widgets 2 is the culprit!

Interesting! Thanks for posting issue and solution.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links