phone contacts seem to be deleted

This is a discussion on phone contacts seem to be deleted within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just got my nexus 1 today. very impressed by the phone but 1 major problem i can't seem to view any phone numbers for my ...

Thread: phone contacts seem to be deleted

phone contacts seem to be deleted

Just got my nexus 1 today. very impressed by the phone but 1 major problem i can't seem to view any phone numbers for my contacts. i cant send messages to any of my contacts because i don't have their phone numbers, and even when i try using the contact menu no phone number is being shown.

I guess this is because they( the contacts) did not have the numbers saved under mobile number.

Please guide me in rectifying this error for it is very important that i am able to message my contacts and call them by tomorrow

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for pointing that out Tonybhoy. Handy to have a back up nearby.

I have had my Nexus for 6 weeks. PIM stuff was working perfectly until a couple of days ago, when out of the blue all my contacts disappeared along with Call log getting flushed.

Initially I was concerned that the flushing of my N1 contact info might migrate and sync to GMAIL contact on the cloud. So I quickly found a PC browser, opeened GMAIL and backed up my contacts. But I needn't of worried. I was able to go to Accounts and Sync on the N1, tapped on Sync contacts and they all synced back again. Phew.

Only thing I lost was my call log/history. I really hope it doesn't happen again though. No real idea of the cause. As all my contacts were in the phone one minute when I made a call and 10 minutes later, after doing nothing with the phone, they were all gone.
    Only thing I vaguely suspect is I am running gTask which is a 3rd party Task manager that syncs to Google Calendar. Maybe it caused some havok somehow.

Tip: From the Settings softkey in Contacts is a link to Import/Export. Always a good idea to backup your Contacts data to your SD card, SIM card, etc.

Tip: Read the posts in a thread, before regurgitating what has already written :rofl3:
    ...Or just quote a previous post and reply with +1. But is is a good tip BTW.

@ Logger

Hey, you're the one that lost his contacts data, not me. If you already know all this stuff, then move on to other posts without the smartass comments.

People offer help here as a courtesy.

Let's be civil...
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

@Logger

You may want to check into a free app I found called CallTrack:

"CallTrack logs your phone activity to your Google Calendar. You can select the type of calls to log (incoming, outgoing, and missed) and the calendar to log them in. You can also dump your current call log to your calendar."

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links