Does anyone facing these problems/difficulties?

This is a discussion on Does anyone facing these problems/difficulties? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am using N1 (T-Mobile version) for a past one week. The phone is bought before the AT&T version is released. The phone is great ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone facing these problems/difficulties?

Question Does anyone facing these problems/difficulties?

I am using N1 (T-Mobile version) for a past one week. The phone is bought before the AT&T version is released. The phone is great and I love the web experience. But there are some issues (may be not an issue) I am facing with phone. Help me if I am doing wrong.

1. Battery life is not good. But I managed to calibrate the battery which is OK now.

2. My carrier does not support 3G now. But I am using 2G (EDGE) connection. The connection fails if I used WIFI continouosly for a while. I need to restart the mobile in that case to connect to 2G.

3. I am using Stereo Bluetooth headset (Sony Ericsson MW600) instead of stock headset. On incoming of a call I am hearing beeps instead of my ringtone. I search in bluetooth settings of the phone but no luck. Does any knows how to do that?

4. One thing I really miss here is the Group SMS. I used to forward SMS to my friends daily. Can I create a distribution list/group (not the contact group) to send SMS? Is there an App to do that? (Except Mass Text Personalizer, which is very primitive app).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if u have the tmo n1 and u are on the at&t there is no way to get 3g.

really dont know about bluetooth headset, i have one but i neve use it... i use the car radio with bluetooth and it didnt happen.

use Handcent sms... with that u can send group sms

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    use Handcent sms... with that u can send group sms

Seems like Handcent SMS does solves my Group SMS problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    if u have the tmo n1 and u are on the at&t there is no way to get 3g.
    I using it in India. And my carrier does not have 3G support yet. I am talking about 2G/EDGE connection. After long usage of WIFI, I am not able to connect to 2G unless I restart the phone.

maybe u can force the 2g changing the options on the network on

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks and check or uncheck the "Use only 2g Networks" option, with that the network force restart and cos u r only stick with 2g, it wont matter

Budske, please read the thread first before you answer. I am not saying I have issue with the Radio Frequency.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by venki5star View Post
    Budske, please read the thread first before you answer. I am not saying I have issue with the Radio Frequency.
    Just because your carrier does not support 3G, that does NOT mean that your phone is not trying to find a 3G connection. It's a 3G phone. So try setting it for 2G only and see if there is a difference.

Does the T Mobile version even have the right frequencies to match your carrier?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Just because your carrier does not support 3G, that does NOT mean that your phone is not trying to find a 3G connection. It's a 3G phone. So try setting it for 2G only and see if there is a difference.

Does the T Mobile version even have the right frequencies to match your carrier?
    1. Have already set the phone to 2G only which I forgot to mention.
    2. Yes. My Carrier supports supports T-Mobile version for Voice & 2G.

If you use the airplane mode on/off setting, would that work better than having to reboot the phone? If that works, it might be quicker for you, and I'm sure there's a widget for that somewhere in the market. It's odd that it doesn't reconnect after using WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

If you use the airplane mode on/off setting, would that work better than having to reboot the phone? If that works, it might be quicker for you, and I'm sure there's a widget for that somewhere in the market. It's odd that it doesn't reconnect after using WiFi.
    it happens to me sometimes, but just for a few minutes

I have a question for you venki5star. Your #1 question says battery life isn't good but you've calibrated it and its "ok". What type of life are you getting? 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, etc.?

I can get 2-3 days of normal usage out of my phone before I need a recharge. My normal usage is this:
    - Always have wireless and bluetooth turned off unless I'm using them.
    - Every so often I do kill rouge apps using taskkiller.
    - I have my screen brightness at the highest (I love the oled...)
    - I talk between 5-30 minutes a day on the phone.
    - I text randomly all day (maybe 10-50 a day).
    - I use the wireless to browse the internet between 15min - 1hr a day (don't have good 3G coverage near my office, but will use 3G to surf the web when I have it).
    - I play games/use apps at least 30min - 1hr a day.

After all this I can get 2-3 days of usage before a charge. On my last phone I would have to charge it by 2pm if I did half of the things listed above so I'm pretty happy with the battery life on my N1.

As far as your other questions. #2 I don't have that problem at all, never have to reboot the phone to have it connect back to the network. #3 I don't use bluetooth so I can't help u there. #4 As far as I know there is no easy way to do "group" texting without the use of a 3rd party app (maybe that will be in android 2.2!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links