Camera flicker

This is a discussion on Camera flicker within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just got my nexus, and I'm truly blown away, what a phone. My bug is - camera flickers while taking pictures - everything in viewfinder ...

Thread: Camera flicker

Camera flicker

Just got my nexus, and I'm truly blown away, what a phone.
    My bug is - camera flickers while taking pictures - everything in viewfinder shakes, but sometimes it stabilizes itself. The quick fix is toggle between camera and camcoder - it's Ok. The fix works but it's annoying.
    Anyone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got mine last Friday and it is awesome.

I just noticed last night that mine is doing this as well. I was looking at the screen, in landscape, with the camera open and noticed static like pink lines moving around at the bottom. When I got home I inspected further and saw the pink blob in the middle of the screen that I had read about. I kind of laughed about it because of all the "horror" stories of the pink blob ruining people's lives. I then noticed that the left side of the screen had a light hint of blue. The camera was trying to adjust itself, going in and out of a more normal image, then it would flicker. I do want to mention that the odd discoloration doesn't distort the image on the screen, it just hovers in and out. I can see perfectly fine what the camera is pointed at.

I took some pictures and it seems that the bug doesn't affect the quality of the picture taken, then again I'm not a connoisseur of photography.

I guess a sensor got rattled/wasn't properly installed? Doesn't even bother me one bit. In fact I didn't even think about calling HTC/Google until this afternoon, about the same time I finally exhaled from Friday.

By the way, switching between camera and video showed no improvement or change. The video does it as well.

After doing all I could (and they suggested) - this is a return item.
    I can't stand Google/HTC incompetence of not testing the product before shipping it out. If this happens again it will be my last dance with Nexus. Too bad because I love the phone otherwise, but can't put up with such poor quality of product put out to the public. No excuse for that.
    Hmm....

Can anyone please take a look at this short video - is this hardware or software problem?... I think it's just drivers screwed up, but could be wrong:
    Video 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Nexus flicker problem.mp4

A factory reset would confirm if it's a software issue...

as resetting can not cure a hardware fault.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    A factory reset would confirm if it's a software issue...

as resetting can not cure a hardware fault.
    not necessarily - if the driver is corrupt it could result in the same scenario.
    But it's likely the hardware.
    HTC didn't even test this particular phone - it's apparent right from the get go.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links