Nexus One Interesting WiFi Problems

This is a discussion on Nexus One Interesting WiFi Problems within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok so I've have the Nexus One since January when it was released and at home I am always connected via WiFi so that using ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Interesting WiFi Problems

Nexus One Interesting WiFi Problems

Ok so I've have the Nexus One since January when it was released and at home I am always connected via WiFi so that using the Marketplace is easy.

My problem is that over the past 2 weeks my wifi has been acting very strange on the nexus one. I had missed a payment and my internet for half a day was disconnected.

So i made the payment and had gotten the internet re-connected again except since then the WiFi on my Nexus One doesn't work.

It connects to the Wireless I input the password and it says connected but when I go to the market nothign loads and it says Network Error.

I go onto my Facebook and it sometimes works but very rarely.

I have turned the phone off and taken out the SD Card and tried it but it still doesn't work. I have don'e a Factory Reset and the WiFi worked for about 5 minutes when i re-downloaded all the apps from the marketplace then after i installed everything it didn't work again showing the same errors.

I done another factory reset but then the WiFi didn't work at all as before connecting but not working.

I've changed the Wireless password from WEP 64-bit to 128-bit but it still doesn't work. I used a WEP Encryption password before and it worked fine but i got no clue why it doesn't now.

I am running Android 2.1 update and have been since that update came out and it worked fine but yeah anyone knwo or had this same problem and have any solutions?

I've read plenty on the net and have done most but they have not worked.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried going into the Wifi settings, do a long press on your Wifi network and select "Forget Network"? Then do a scan and add your router again. Its worth a try...

Also is your Router Wireless N?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Have you tried going into the Wifi settings, do a long press on your Wifi network and select "Forget Network"? Then do a scan and add your router again. Its worth a try...

Also is your Router Wireless N?
    Just done what you suggested forgot the network then re-scanned then re-connected again but nope still the same thing connects to the wifi network all fine but it just doesn't load anything.

My ROuter is an Asus WL-600g and again it was working since i first got the Nexus One and also after i updated with Android 2.1 Update. It's when my internet was disconnected and then reconnected again its started to do it again..

Could there be a setting im missing with the Router Settings? Maybe it wasn't a WEP password?

Ok a nother update.. So I've changed the Encryption of my Wireless to WPA and it still doesn't work si i took off the password and now the Marketplace loads up fine but when going to update an app it just says styarting download and never actually does.

Facebook on the other hand just loads and loads and nothing happens. Tells me after a while the're a network error host is unresolved?

Maybe try using an Access List on the router instead of WPA encryption?

I was having problems with my Wifi not Reconnecting lately so I downloaded this app today from the market called "Wifi Fixer". Its worked pretty good so far. Mabye it could help your problem too...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I got no clue what Wifi Fixer does but Facebook and Market place seem to work perfect nowbut then after 10 minutes it does the same thing :| Now WiFi Fixer just stops working and force closes!!

lol wtf is going on :| Could it be a setting on my router if I manage to ill try to use someone elese wifi to see if it works there if so that could mean my router has a setting that is restricting use??

But the thing is my Laptop connects via wifi and it works perfectly fine ????

Are you using a taskiller or Autokiller?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I've been using Advanced Task Killer the paid version and I never had a problem with it. I've un-installed it and re downloaded wifi fixer..

Facebook and Market work fine again but the Browser and any game with a leaderboard doesn't work.

Any other options I could try that could help? I'd love to get as many as possible that way I can try them as I don't know when I'll hjave the chance to test out someone elses wifi in the near future.

It appears by what your describing, that the issue is on the router side; either a setting needs to be enabled / disabled.

Have you checked that your router firmware is fully updated?

If not maybe an update will cure the problem.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

'Host Not Found' on a known good site (up and running) typically indicated a hosed DNS route or server. If you have not already rebooted your router, do so. No joy, then you need to contact your provider and seek the Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses, and ensure your router matches these addresses, or do what I do and use public DNS addy's, like OpenDNS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links