I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc....

This is a discussion on I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc.... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I love the GPS. It is on the same level as my Nuvi 855 with voice recognition IMO. Back to 2010's issue, when the bars ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc....

I love the GPS. It is on the same level as my Nuvi 855 with voice recognition IMO.

Back to 2010's issue, when the bars go down, the problems start up. Missed calls, MMS messages hanging endlessly. Rebooting doesn't do a thing to solve the issue. This is even with small 5k jpg images. I use Handcent. Switching to Android Messaging sometimes helps. So, I wonder if some of fantastic array of preference settings on Handcent could possibly have a negative impact on performance.

I suspect that a small percentage of these issues could be traced to some app that was installed. The inconsistencies between platforms on different handsets, along with the relaxed approval process of app submissions could lead to headaches. This is coming from my Citrix and Messaging developer/admin experience.

I'm not letting TMO off the hook though. You put a product out, you better back it up with your network if we're paying you minimum $80 bucks a month. As for Google/HTC giving up on the 3G problem, grrrrrrrr...

I changed my mms settings per a post in here somewhere (guess I'd better search), and it fixed the mms pic issue I was having at the time, but I admit to hardly ever using the cam for sending pics as mms. :| Handsent too, btw. after disabling the native app's constant network pings. WRT towers, for the most part, ATT and TMO shares towers here in Cali, particularly in urban areas, and I don't know if TMO has taken a different approach to expanding their tower coverage much beyond what they 'lease' from ATT's towers. With the SF peninsula so small, one would think it would be easy to map out every tower (by provider) in this area. I also wonder what effect the speed upgrades will have on reception, if any.

Wow..wasn't that easy to find, but finally:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post11482

Oh jeez, that's all it was, the frickin settings?
    Settings> wireless & network settings>
    mobile network settings> Access Point Names.
    Click on T-Mobile US>
    MMS port should say 8080.
    MCC should say 310.
    MNC should say 260.
    MMS proxy should say 216.155.165.50.
    And make sure under MMSC it says:
    I tried it with a huge photo. It not only resized it before sending, but it sent it out within seconds! Thanks dude! I'm stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    Oh jeez, that's all it was, the frickin settings?
    Settings> wireless & network settings>
    mobile network settings> Access Point Names.
    Click on T-Mobile US>
    MMS port should say 8080.
    MCC should say 310.
    MNC should say 260.
    MMS proxy should say 216.155.165.50.
    And make sure under MMSC it says:
    I tried it with a huge photo. It not only resized it before sending, but it sent it out within seconds! Thanks dude! I'm stoked.
    Hey! Excellent! Tip one back for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links