I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc....

This is a discussion on I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc.... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I once boasted on this phone, but now i'm getting fed up. First of all every time I go to make a call or send ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc....

I'm getting fed up,network not avail. no 3g, mms problems, etc....

I once boasted on this phone, but now i'm getting fed up. First of all every time I go to make a call or send a text, "Network Not Available" pops up then a couple seconds later it says "Network Available". If I make a call and then Network Not Available pops up or is already up, it wont make the call until the phone says Network Available. My 3g SUCKS, it keeps switching from 3g to h, to g, to fkn e. Excuse my language but I paid over $500 for this phone. Furthermore if I keep 3g on I miss calls. Whenever I have 3g on, out of nowhere I get new voicemail messages and my phone didn't even ring. My friend called me right in front of me, his phone was ringing, my phone didn't and the voicemail came on...............I turn 3g off and that fixes the people calling me and my phone doesn't ring problem. Do ya'll know how much trouble that got me in with my girlfriend? She thought I was ignoring her calls when in fact my phone didn't ring, so I didn't know she called........

I'm fed up, I can't use 3g so I have to browse online with this slow edge? I paid all this money and have to go through this. I don't know who's fault it is.....tmo or google.....probably both, because i'm not gonna act like I didn't have similar 3g problems with my G1, but I didn't keep getting all these "network not available" messages----i get those messages with 2g only and with 3g. Also with my G1 I didn't have all these sending mms problems......ok i read other post, first send yourself an mms, cool, i did all that 2 months ago when i got this phone. But over the past week its got bad, mms never stop pending, then my friend says they got the pic 30minutes later but my phone still says pending. Then another friend never got the mms.

I did a hard reset, still same problem. So I decided to root Cyanogen 5.0.6, seems like my 3g has got even worse.

Any solutions for any of these problems? I'm in Atlanta, my 3g isn't just buggy at home, all over the city it jumps to h and even when it doesn't, it's rather slow. Can I get out of my contract? I'm tired of this bs, I didn't pay all this money for the phone to get worse service than I got with my tmo Wing almost 3 years ago.....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know, 2010, but I'm on ATT in Atlanta, and I have none of the issues you're reporting here. I can't help but think that the types of problems you're experiencing sound like network issues rather than hardware issues.

If I were you, I'd be spending some time on the phone with TMo's customer support people for some troubleshooting. You note that you had many of the same problems with your G1, too, so I just have a real hard time seeing your issues as being hardware related as opposed to network problems.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I don't know, 2010, but I'm on ATT in Atlanta, and I have none of the issues you're reporting here. I can't help but think that the types of problems you're experiencing sound like network issues rather than hardware issues.

If I were you, I'd be spending some time on the phone with TMo's customer support people for some troubleshooting. You note that you had many of the same problems with your G1, too, so I just have a real hard time seeing your issues as being hardware related as opposed to network problems.

your absolutely right, I guess i thought that buying a $500 phone plus tmobile supposedly upgrading to hspta or whatever its called would've fixed those problems. I'm boiling now because I missed some important calls and I went out of town to Orlando, I was trying to show off my phone to friends and my internet was moving slow as turtle.

As for I need to be on the phone with tmo's CS......For what??? I've been on the phone with them for this same problem a million times dating back to my g1. I sent back 3 G1's, changed 2 sim cards, did a billion hard resets to finally figure out on my own that my problem is actually tmo's spotty 3g, when that's turned off i don't get missed calls, i don't get that phone wont hang up the call crap, but this mms thing has me heated today. When the mms wouldn't go through I toggled back to 3g and that's when I missed an important call............ At the end of the day tmo isn't gonna do shyt, i'd go to Sprint or Verizon if their Android phones had sim cards........

if i went to att i'd not have 3g at all, i'm tired i've spent over $1,000 in the past 2 years on smart phones and have never got to experience true 3g. However my friends iphone breezes through web pages. The Nexus is too expensive and is too good of a phone for this. I see why a side from the N1 (which had to be purchased online) Android gives their best phones to Verizon and Sprint. There's no use giving a good phone to tmobile until they fix their shtty data. I have the right to talk, i've been a loyal customer for almost 4 years. Thanks for your help.

Wow I can totally relate! My service in my house SUCKS!!! I have to be ina a specific spot to get service. My texts take forever to send if I'm not in the right spot & lately my phone has been cutting off! I'll never pay $500 for a cell phone.

@Nexus2010:

Why don't you use the Off Topic section and see if you can offload your TMo Nexus, and then get one on AT&T? You may even be able to beat the ETF with them by showing your long history of service issues on TMo, dating back to your G1...it's worth a try... *shrugs*

@both of you:
    Guys, what purpose does it serve to bash on a piece of hardware (and its' price), when your issues are so very clearly WITH YOUR CARRIERS?
    I simply have no idea what either of you hopes to accomplish with this thread, when your issues would most probably be resolved by a CHANGE OF CARRIER!
    I mean, TMo works just fine for a large number of Nexus users, while AT&T, VZW and Sprint work just fine for others.using various Android devices. ALL carriers have complaints in various areas. Nobody has the "perfect" network for everyone. Why not just cut your losses, recover what you can from your current devices, and simply MAKE A CHANGE OF CARRIER AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS?

Honestly, I just don't get it.:confused:

I've had my Nexus One for two weeks now & share the same sentiment as 2010. Switching to AT&T would involve selling ur phone, paying more monthly for a network oversaturated with iPhone traffic. I'll wait to see if Android 2.2 makes a diff.

If not, I'm lucky enough in California to have 30 days to return my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    I've had my Nexus One for two weeks now & share the same sentiment as 2010. Switching to AT&T would involve selling ur phone, paying more monthly for a network oversaturated with iPhone traffic. I'll wait to see if Android 2.2 makes a diff.

If not, I'm lucky enough in California to have 30 days to return my phone.
    Judging by your ID, you're in SF...what areas are you experiencing connectivity issues? For me, it's FiDi in general (hit and miss at any given point), inside concrete buildings/tunnels/underground garages, small area in the Marina district, and the wharf area near Telegraph Hill which blocks a nearby tower.

To put things in perspective, I carry around my old Razr2 V8 as a backup (separate line). The Nexus One consistently has two bars less than the V8 in spotty areas all around the city.

Ever miss a turn using GPS and watch the re-routing message take forever to finish until you are way off course? This happened thru the maze on Army (C.Chavez) @101.

Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    To put things in perspective, I carry around my old Razr2 V8 as a backup (separate line). The Nexus One consistently has two bars less than the V8 in spotty areas all around the city.

Ever miss a turn using GPS and watch the re-routing message take forever to finish until you are way off course? This happened thru the maze on Army (C.Chavez) @101.
    Don't obsess over the bar 'numbers'..especially between phones with different manufacturers. As long as you have a connection, the phone works.

Yes! My Garmin does this, bigtime...Google Nav has actually been more consistent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links