Alarm clock icon keeps disappearing

This is a discussion on Alarm clock icon keeps disappearing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello Everyone! I just noticed a little issue (bug?) on my Nexus One. I have two alarms set up one for 7:15 on weekdays and ...

Thread: Alarm clock icon keeps disappearing

Question Alarm clock icon keeps disappearing

Hello Everyone!

I just noticed a little issue (bug?) on my Nexus One.

I have two alarms set up one for 7:15 on weekdays and 9 on weekends. So since they are seperate, I have them both activated right after i initially set them up.

After that, the alarm icon shows on the status bar which is normal I guess. But now I've noticed it keeps disappearing (I don't know when exactly).

Last weekend the alarm didn't go off (thank goodness it wasn't a weekday!) so I tried to find the problem.

I noticed my auto app killer might be the cause so i put the clock app in the ignore list. But that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas what might be causing this to happen?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It sounds like the auto app killer is still causing the problem. If the alarm icon is disappearing then something is killing the clock.

Try removing the app killer. There's a lot of evidence on this forum that suggests you don't need one!

Better still, disable the auto-kill feature..that really isn't the best use of a taskiller anyway..their most useful in selectively killing apps.

Hello!

Well I haven't uninstalled the task-killing app OR disabled the auto-kill function.

I just uninstalled this other alarm app i had (one where you have to do maths to dismiss the alarm)

SO FAR, the alarm i set (after uninstalling the alarm app) is still here and its been a good few hours.

If it manages to disappear again, I'll report back and try disabling the auto-kill and then uninstall.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links