Phone lagging problem.

This is a discussion on Phone lagging problem. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone, I'm having some problem here with my nexus 1 my phone lag sometimes is it normal? When I'm typing msg it come time ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone lagging problem.

Unhappy Phone lagging problem.

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problem here with my nexus 1 my phone lag sometimes is it normal?
    When I'm typing msg it come time hangs there n I keep pressing the word a few times then it suddenly keep poping out the word.
    N also when I try to scroll down the menu it won't move I have to try the 2nd or 3rd time only it will move...

Please help me with this problem..
    Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_1992 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm having some problem here with my nexus 1 my phone lag sometimes is it normal?
    When I'm typing msg it come time hangs there n I keep pressing the word a few times then it suddenly keep poping out the word.
    N also when I try to scroll down the menu it won't move I have to try the 2nd or 3rd time only it will move...

Please help me with this problem..
    Thank you.
    It maybe a bit of pain...

try factory resetting your Nexus, (as always do a backup).
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Many folks get relief by SELECTIVELY killing off data-hogging apps using a task killer.

Red face Thank you.

Thank you but I would like to ask if the problem is because of my RAM?
    I have check my RAM memory from a application that I just installed n it shows me that my RAM total is 217796kb, but from what I know from the website it say that it suppose to have 512mb.
    So is this the courses the problem?
    Please help.

Thank you.

Well..yes and no. It *could* be from reduced ram availability, but as you've no doubt read here and elsewhere, Android is designed to release latent apps to free up memory when you launch additional apps. Amounts of available ram are always in flux, as the apps launch themselves, run in the background for whatever service they provide (also potentially using your data connection). You may actually notice a lag when launching a particularly large app (like GMaps, for instance) as the app loads, detects which data connection is active (and whether it's even available), and loads its db...all of this takes a few seconds, and often, nothing else can happen during the process. For example, with the keyboard, once it's launched, it may detect the data connection in anticipation for you using the voice search function..if data is busy streaming online radio, you may notice the keyboard behaving sluggish until it's been allowed access to the data connection it requires. The occasional glitch while typing could also be voice search pinging home again, and awaiting a slow responding server. One of the reasons FroYo is so exciting, is the chance a lot of these issues may be optimised, and the need for taskilling and sluggish behaviour can be far less frequent. All I have to do is recall my G1 days on old android to know how far we've already come, and hope for better just around the corner.

?

So that means my RAM total is normal to di I have 2 fix it at the service center?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_1992 View Post
    So that means my RAM total is normal to di I have 2 fix it at the service center?
    Your RAM is likely fine. "Amounts of available ram are always in flux, as the apps launch themselves, run in the background for whatever service they provide".

Exclamation Thank You ^^

Thank you so I don't have to do anything right? Or is there any advice for me so that this problem can b solve?
    Buy the way I how much is the internal phone memory suppose to have? I'm worry about this so much is because this phone is a AP phone n not original I'm worry the sales guy have change the internal things like what I have read from the net.
    Lastly there is 1 more problem does this phone drinks up battery fast? From what I know it can to last for 10 hours but mine can't stand that long. It drinks up very fast from 100% it goes to 97% in 2 minutes time...is it normal? Surfing the web it only last 4 hour n listen to music 5 hours. Should I buy a new battery?

Please please pretty please help.
    Thank you.

Lightbulb

Sorry I left out this point..
    When charging the phone heats up a lot as in really hot it more hotter then over used iPhone, do u get what I mean?
    Please help me with this also thank you.

I haven't had a problem with lag but I noticed that when I used google goggles my phone would lock up. I wouldn't have posted this but the first thing I noticed when I got the phone was that the phone would get pretty hot when I charge it or play a game for awhile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links