I'm gettin so over this....

This is a discussion on I'm gettin so over this.... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well I'm just going to list the stuff thats been going on in hopes that someone might be able to tell me what to do ...

Thread: I'm gettin so over this....

I'm gettin so over this....

Well I'm just going to list the stuff thats been going on in hopes that someone might be able to tell me what to do ...if not I'm most likely going to sell this thing and get an iphone. The fact that it has more problems than my POS sidekick slide is just ridiculous.

The phone will randomly decide not to send my text messages when 2 minutes before it was working fine. I'll send a reply and the little envelope will appear next to the message with the small clock as if its waiting..then a second later i'll get the annoying "message not sent" notification. It continues to do it until i power off the phone and turn it back on. That usually fixes it, but sometimes does not.

I'll go to make a phone call and when it says dialing, there will be nothing there but silence...it doesn't make any calls, any sounds...just silence. I have to continue to end the call and try again over and over..sometimes it will eventually call but most of the time I have to power it off and power it on again. (what if there's an emergency!!)

The phone will not send my pictures through text messages or email. I'll get the envelope icon with the little clock as if its waiting to be sent, and it just never sends. Sometimes the clock will disappear as if it was sent but when I ask the person if they got it, they say no. My fiance's iphone will NEVER get my emails or text messages with pictures and if he does it's not until 5 hours later.

It will never send video clips that I've taken with the video recorder as text messages or email. It just says the file's too large and wont send no matter how I'm trying to send it. Maybe there's a way to compress and send? whats the point of having the video feature if you can't even send it to people?

Then ofcourse I have the issue of internet pages taking FOR EVER to load. I swear my sidekick was faster loading pages than this. I heard this phone was ridiculously fast. The sidekick ran on Edge and most of the time so is my nexus but its still slower than the sidekick was when on the internet.Sometimes it'll take 10 minutes to load google. I know location has a lot to do with the 3G or Edge but if i was running on edge with my old phone and I'm running on edge with this phone, I would still expect it to run at least at the same speed! Even if I'm in the 3G area it's still slow!! I just dont get it.

I also don't understand why when you go to send a picture from your picture gallery under the "share" button, when you start to type in the phone number or name of the person it doesn't automatically enter the number for you. I have to back out of the message, go to my contacts and look up the phone number for the person I'm trying to send the picture to(if i dont have it memorized), then I have to try and remember it while going back to the message, then enter it in and send. Why doesn't it automatically finish the number or name for you? You should only need to type in the first letter for the contacts to come up. ???

These are just some of the problems.

Is there some sort of software update I can do? Or SOMETHING that will fix these issues??? If I can't I'm selling it and getting an iphone. My fiance has one and has no issue's whatsoever.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SIT0RI View Post
    Well I'm just going to list the stuff thats been going on in hopes that someone might be able to tell me what to do ...if not I'm most likely going to sell this thing and get an iphone. The fact that it has more problems than my POS sidekick slide is just ridiculous.

The phone will randomly decide not to send my text messages when 2 minutes before it was working fine. I'll send a reply and the little envelope will appear next to the message with the small clock as if its waiting..then a second later i'll get the annoying "message not sent" notification. It continues to do it until i power off the phone and turn it back on. That usually fixes it, but sometimes does not.

I'll go to make a phone call and when it says dialing, there will be nothing there but silence...it doesn't make any calls, any sounds...just silence. I have to continue to end the call and try again over and over..sometimes it will eventually call but most of the time I have to power it off and power it on again. (what if there's an emergency!!)

The phone will not send my pictures through text messages or email. I'll get the envelope icon with the little clock as if its waiting to be sent, and it just never sends. Sometimes the clock will disappear as if it was sent but when I ask the person if they got it, they say no. My fiance's iphone will NEVER get my emails or text messages with pictures and if he does it's not until 5 hours later.

It will never send video clips that I've taken with the video recorder as text messages or email. It just says the file's too large and wont send no matter how I'm trying to send it. Maybe there's a way to compress and send? whats the point of having the video feature if you can't even send it to people?

Then ofcourse I have the issue of internet pages taking FOR EVER to load. I swear my sidekick was faster loading pages than this. I heard this phone was ridiculously fast. The sidekick ran on Edge and most of the time so is my nexus but its still slower than the sidekick was when on the internet.Sometimes it'll take 10 minutes to load google. I know location has a lot to do with the 3G or Edge but if i was running on edge with my old phone and I'm running on edge with this phone, I would still expect it to run at least at the same speed! Even if I'm in the 3G area it's still slow!! I just dont get it.

I also don't understand why when you go to send a picture from your picture gallery under the "share" button, when you start to type in the phone number or name of the person it doesn't automatically enter the number for you. I have to back out of the message, go to my contacts and look up the phone number for the person I'm trying to send the picture to(if i dont have it memorized), then I have to try and remember it while going back to the message, then enter it in and send. Why doesn't it automatically finish the number or name for you? You should only need to type in the first letter for the contacts to come up. ???

These are just some of the problems.

Is there some sort of software update I can do? Or SOMETHING that will fix these issues??? If I can't I'm selling it and getting an iphone. My fiance has one and has no issue's whatsoever.
    Sounds like you have already made up your mind...enjoy the Iphone. No problems here.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Just to add on...

Some of your issue can be rectified, by doing a 'search' within the forum.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Your problem is MOST LIKELY T-Moble..... not the phone....

Some issues are well-documented, and are indeed rooted in TMO coverage, more specifically tower drop (concrete parking garages,etc.) for extended periods of a few minutes or more cause the phone to 'sleep' after it cannot locate a tower for those minutes..we've called it 'poor radio recovery', with a follow up related issue 'frozen radio'. There may be software culprits as well, since most data pings are initiated from apps seeking 'home'. I recommend the following:

Factory reset, followed by a full day of no app, stock-only usage.
    Add Handsent after that day, disable native messaging app (background data) and try for a full day or more.
    Gradually add an app or two that you can't live without, and monitor freeze/recovery issues from tower drops.

Pics via MMS can be fixed with an APN change-search here for MMS and Pics/pictures for a recent thread. Vids are another issue, but I personally use YT rather than text/email for vids.

The text phone number/suggestion issue is resolved by ensuring the contact's number is listed as 'mobile' which is req'd to 'text' a number. Make the changes for your mobile contacts in GMail.

All of this and more has indeed been covered here (search), but if the phone isn't for you, that's fine too...go with what works!

i have the first two issues describe in the paragraph.. can anyone please help me with this issue. i really dont want to let go of this phone as I cant return it as my 14 day warranty has expired.. 16 days and it happens now??

Sounds like Steve Jobs has joined the forum folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidRolando View Post
    i have the first two issues describe in the paragraph.. can anyone please help me with this issue. i really dont want to let go of this phone as I cant return it as my 14 day warranty has expired.. 16 days and it happens now??
    Try a soft reset.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links