not finding signal after a dead zone

This is a discussion on not finding signal after a dead zone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; one of the things i hate most about this phone at the moment is the problem of it not finding my network after going into ...

Thread: not finding signal after a dead zone

not finding signal after a dead zone

one of the things i hate most about this phone at the moment is the problem of it not finding my network after going into a dead zone. we go fishing sometimes 40 miles offshore and on the way back in i will have to turn the phone off and on to get signal or put it into flight mode and back into regular. same thing happens when i am in other dead zones behind hills. sometimes i don't realize it and will be going for hours without any signal. i have never seen this happen on any phone before and certainly not on my other htc phones. anyone else see this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What I hate is when I pick the phone up and i haven't used it for some minutes or more, I gotta wait for the Wi-Fi to connect again... That can be annoying if i wake up the phone just to go into the market.
    I ♥ Ne:nexusx:us One. Got it in February and rooted it in April :] Stock - Desire ROM - Cyanogen MOD - Android 2.2 FroYo

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    one of the things i hate most about this phone at the moment is the problem of it not finding my network after going into a dead zone. we go fishing sometimes 40 miles offshore and on the way back in i will have to turn the phone off and on to get signal or put it into flight mode and back into regular. same thing happens when i am in other dead zones behind hills. sometimes i don't realize it and will be going for hours without any signal. i have never seen this happen on any phone before and certainly not on my other htc phones. anyone else see this?
    There are actually a bunch of threads on this and so far no answers. I keep hoping they'll fix it in this next release, because it didn't do it before the last ota.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    What I hate is when I pick the phone up and i haven't used it for some minutes or more, I gotta wait for the Wi-Fi to connect again... That can be annoying if i wake up the phone just to go into the market.
    You can tell it to keep wifi on. I know the wifi fixer app has that option. I can't recall if you can do it natively or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    You can tell it to keep wifi on. I know the wifi fixer app has that option. I can't recall if you can do it natively or not.
    It still does not work from my experience. Neither option keeps my wifi connected all the time.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    It still does not work from my experience. Neither option keeps my wifi connected all the time.
    You should talk to the app's developer.

You should talk to the app's developer.
    Im not too worried about it. If it still happens with froyo then there might be cause for concern imo
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

right... back to question of no signal after dead zones. anyone know how to fix that?

jah
    I tried it over the weekend, and it absolutely does work with that app. Are you sure you told it to keep you online all of the time?

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    right... back to question of no signal after dead zones. anyone know how to fix that?
    Is it still having trouble with Froyo? It usually happens to me 2-3 times a week, and I haven't had it happen yet, but that doesn't mean anything.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links