googlemail -phone numbers not highlighted to dial

This is a discussion on googlemail -phone numbers not highlighted to dial within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have had my fone for only three weeks but can not get to auto dial numbers sent in my Emails? It works OK in ...

Thread: googlemail -phone numbers not highlighted to dial

Red face googlemail -phone numbers not highlighted to dial

I have had my fone for only three weeks but can not get to auto dial numbers sent in my Emails? It works OK in Texts ! Is this a bug ? or a set up issue ?
    Help very welcome

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kilkpep View Post
    I have had my fone for only three weeks but can not get to auto dial numbers sent in my Emails? It works OK in Texts ! Is this a bug ? or a set up issue ?
    Help very welcome
    I *think* this may be the result of non-html text in email....if the sender uses html in email, the numbers should work.

I have had my fone for only three weeks but can not get to auto dial numbers sent in my Emails?
    Long Press (Press & Hold) over the phone number. Even without a link, it should work in email. The one place it won't work is in the Calendar. Unless the phone number is in the event description, it will try to open the mapping app when the phone number is in the location field.

Tried that

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Help very welcome
    I *think* this may be the result of non-html text in email....if the sender uses html in email, the numbers should work.
    Thanks,

I tried HTML; plain text and rich text; all have no effect, I can not highlight any phone number to click on it either so still stuck

Help very welcome
    Try link below, (post # 20 especially)...

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-please-2.html
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

This issue was one of the main reasons I sold my N1 (on ebay 6 weeks ago) although the announcement of 2.2 (plus Nav in the UK) has me seriously contemplating buying another!

I tried everything suggested in my old thread and was never able to dial a number from an email. This was for emails I received in the Gmail app sent in html as well as plain text.

I see that 2.2 allows copy and paste so I am hopeful that if I am still unable to dial a number by clicking it in the email then I will be able to copy and paste to dial out.

Can anyone with 2.2 confirm?

I took delivery of my second Nexus One earlier today and one of the main issues that caused me to sell my first Nexus on ebay remains.

I am still unable to select a phone number to dial out in the built in Gmail app, Email App, Gmail in browser (mobile and desktop) and K9. Having investigated this further I suspect the issue may be that UK phone numbers have 10 or 11 digits and the phone does not recognise as a phone number. This is in all formats from 01234 567890 or 0123567890 or 020 7123 4567 or 02071234567 etc.

Hopefully the fact that Froyo introduces cut & paste then we will be able to copy any number and paste into the dialler.

Can anyone with Froyo confirm?

It works. I subscribed to this thread & was able to copy the example phone numbers out of Gmail &paste them into the phone app. Now if only the calendar would allow copy & paste. *sigh*

copy and paste works in both gmail and calendar for me in FroYo. I think you are right about the number format being the cause for not being able to just click on it.

That's excellent news, thanks Maris.

I recall your attempts to help me resolve this issue earlier this year when I has just taken delivery of my first Nexus One!

My second is EPF21B so I'm happy to wait for 2.2 over the air, the update to 2.1_1 was fairly soon after the official announcement so hopefully it won't be too long...............

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links