Buttons hard to tap

This is a discussion on Buttons hard to tap within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I tried doing a search for this, but couldn't find anything so if there is info out there that will help me that I can't ...

Thread: Buttons hard to tap

Buttons hard to tap

I tried doing a search for this, but couldn't find anything so if there is info out there that will help me that I can't find, please let me know and I'll go search for it.

I am having trouble pushing the buttons at the bottom of the screen on my :nexusx:. I'm talking about the back, menu, home and search buttons. When I want to push a button I have to almost drag my finger down until it hits the right spot. I can't just tap where the icon actually is. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am not having problems with any other areas of the screen. The touchscreen in browsers and all other apps are working just fine.

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When I was in Android 2.1, i found touching the buttons above the icon (mostly on the line which divides the screen and buttons) worked best. Pressing them on the icon itself or below it didn't really work so well for me

In Android 2.2, it seems that my buttons now respond further down and in general work better wherever i press

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    When I was in Android 2.1, i found touching the buttons above the icon (mostly on the line which divides the screen and buttons) worked best. Pressing them on the icon itself or below it didn't really work so well for me

In Android 2.2, it seems that my buttons now respond further down and in general work better wherever i press
    I noticed exactly the same thing - 2.2 made the bottom buttons more accurate.

I'm glad to know that. I think I'm going to wait for the 'official' release, but glad to know it will be fixed when I do the upgrade.

Not like its a super bad thing, just kind of annoying that I have to almost search for the sweet spot at times to hit the buttons.

Not only that, I often press the home button while typing up a message >=( but glad that its fixed so far =)

The buttons on the nexus one from my understanding aren't actually buttons. And they use the bottom line of touch screen pixels to detect they have been pressed.

Therefore just press just above the button on the bottom of the screen, simple.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links