Remote Security Viewing

This is a discussion on Remote Security Viewing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey All, I am trying to view my remote CCTV from the internet on my N1. It is a standalone 4 channel DVR from LTS, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Security Viewing

Remote Security Viewing

Hey All,

I am trying to view my remote CCTV from the internet on my N1. It is a standalone 4 channel DVR from LTS, model # LTD5304. It works just fine when I use IE on my laptop and from friends computers. I have downloaded an "APP" for my son's IPOD and that works great. So why can't my super smart N1 phone do it?

When I use the default browser or Dolphin I can reach my DVR but I get the following message,
    " The mobile phone was detected based on Symbian S60 2nd.
    We recommend that you download this SCam_2nd.SIS ver1.1.1.323 to install."

Well....Symbian doesn't make software for the N1.

I have tried ever APP in the Android market for CCTV or DVR that I could find with no luck.

Is there a setting for the browser that I need to change to make the browser act more like a desktop Vs a moble?

I R Stumped??????

Any help would be great.

Jeff

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This would be dependent on the video stream being sent by the capturing software (codec). A possible workaround is to use Orb, and transcode the video on the Orb server.

The DVR uses H.264 video format. That alone limits the amount of APPs that I can choose from.
    The easiest work around is to enable the Froyo "WiFi Hotspot" and just use my sons IPOD!

MAN! I am loving Froyo.

Have you ever been able to view remotely? (aka WAN, not LAN) It may be an issue related to port access (pin-holing). Also, can you view the video using Chrome browser?

I had to port forward port 81 to view it from outside my intranet. To view it from outside I must use my COX IP address vise the DVR's IP address.

NO it does not work with Google Chrome or FireFox. I get the same MSG as I do with my N1. "The mobile phone was detected based on Symbian S60 2nd.

It may be due to ActiveX. I must initially allow ActiveX to view it IE. Perhaps the N1 can't do ActiveX.

Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    I had to port forward port 81 to view it from outside my intranet. To view it from outside I must use my COX IP address vise the DVR's IP address.

NO it does not work with Google Chrome or FireFox. I get the same MSG as I do with my N1. "The mobile phone was detected based on Symbian S60 2nd.

It may be due to ActiveX. I must initially allow ActiveX to view it IE. Perhaps the N1 can't do ActiveX.
    Yes, that would be a software limitation built into the DVR's program..you would need to intercept the vid before the hardware box to be able to stream/re-stream it, using more conventional capture software (not using ActiveX controls).

Do you think it would be possible to be viewed by an "APP"? I wouldn't think that it could be controlled but perhaps just viewed. My kids IPOD can't control a darn thing but it can look at all four channels. So perhaps some day some one will be kind and design an APP that will work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to be viewed by an "APP"? I wouldn't think that it could be controlled but perhaps just viewed. My kids IPOD can't control a darn thing but it can look at all four channels. So perhaps some day some one will be kind and design an APP that will work for me.
    If the iPod app can do it, there's no doubt an Android app can do it too. You may want to fire the dev of the iPod app an email, asking him/her if they'd consider an Android app, too! Still, the best solution would be to get an agnostic IP link to the vidstream (https/authenticated would be okay), without any special wrappers (quicktime,etc,). This is likely what the app dev is doing on the iPod app: extracting the stream url, stripping wrappers, and toggling the various vidstreams using native video on the phone.

Junior Member TotalControlAppDotCom's Avatar

Question ipod app

Hi Jeff,

I'm trying to access my cameras with iphone. You mentioned you use your son's ipod. What app do you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links