Video recording restarts the phone

This is a discussion on Video recording restarts the phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; As the title says, whenever I try to record a video with the stock camera app, the phone hangs for few seconds and then restarts. ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video recording restarts the phone

Video recording restarts the phone

As the title says, whenever I try to record a video with the stock camera app, the phone hangs for few seconds and then restarts. Normal camera works fine, as with anything else.
    Anyone else had an issue similar to this?

I'm running stock Android 2.1update1 AT&T version. It is rooted, but no custom ROM.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    As the title says, whenever I try to record a video with the stock camera app, the phone hangs for few seconds and then restarts. Normal camera works fine, as with anything else.
    Anyone else had an issue similar to this?

I'm running stock Android 2.1update1 AT&T version. It is rooted, but no custom ROM.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I have the same issue. Mine is also rooted. Whenever I take video(stock video cam), it will run for a second then hangs and reboot. This happened when I updated froyo over the weekend. I reverted back to cyan mod cause I noticed froyo was missing alot of features that I was used to cyan rom(trackball wakeup, among others which I miss greatly)reason I reverted. So when this video issue occured, I proceeded to install froyo again(cause it was the only thing that runs the video/still camera going). I wondered what could've caused this. I did the manufacture reset to no avail. Now I'm on froyo full time. If others ran into these issues, please let us know what you did to rectify the problem. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    I have the same issue. Mine is also rooted. Whenever I take video(stock video cam), it will run for a second then hangs and reboot. This happened when I updated froyo over the weekend. I reverted back to cyan mod cause I noticed froyo was missing alot of features that I was used to cyan rom(trackball wakeup, among others which I miss greatly)reason I reverted. So when this video issue occured, I proceeded to install froyo again(cause it was the only thing that runs the video/still camera going). I wondered what could've caused this. I did the manufacture reset to no avail. Now I'm on froyo full time. If others ran into these issues, please let us know what you did to rectify the problem. Thanks...
    Interesting. Your case sounds very similar to mine. I had the latest version of cyan mod but then i joined the froyo bandwagon. However, because of many of apps not being compatible, i just decided to go to the stock rom and wait for froyo to be pushed OTA, while developers are updating the apps.
    I guess as long as froyo fixes it, it's not a huge deal. But still, I'd like to have a working video recorder until then.

Also can no longer record video

I am experiencing the same problem. I have the ATT nexus one. I recently updated to Froyo, so I came to this forum to see if that was fixed somehow. A week ago I had a stock ATT nexus one with no modifications. To put froyo on I had to unlock bookloader and superboot. I would like to record video with the stock app but it reboots the phone. Sounds like if I go back to stock build I might still have this issue.

I did exactly the same as blackstar.

hI.. i have same probleme.. please have you find how make for solve.. help me

Sorry but no solution for me yet. Just waiting for the official froyo update. Hoping that will fix it. In the mean time, no video for me

No feedback and no solution! I had to install the stock ROM and then upgrade to Froyo.

i had the same problem..was running cyan 5.0.8 test3 i went back to 5.0.7

On mine, it doesn't matter if I go back to nandroid restore(previous working settings)desire rom, cyan 5.0.3, 5.0.5., etc, video still reboots my phone. I've even tried installing the original shipping rom, to no avail. I'm running froyo full time as we speak. I probably gonna call Htc to see if they can somehow help me out but highly doubt they'll replace my phone because it's been rooted. It's not the end of the world for me though since everything is working, except for froyo's lack of settings that custom roms provide. Could it be corrupt video camera software that's causing this? hmmmm. Wished someone could shed a light on this issue and how it was fixed?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links