2.2 Update not working

This is a discussion on 2.2 Update not working within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; H. I did everything as told in this guide, and I got all the same screens as decribed, the android guy outside the box and ...

Thread: 2.2 Update not working

2.2 Update not working

H.

I did everything as told in this guide, and I got all the same screens as decribed, the android guy outside the box and everything.

Still, after the installation is complete, I still got version 2.1-update1.

Can anyone help me?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabiff View Post
    H.

I did everything as told in this guide, and I got all the same screens as decribed, the android guy outside the box and everything.

Still, after the installation is complete, I still got version 2.1-update1.

Can anyone help me?
    Make sure you don't have the ERE27 update.zip already on your sd card as well.

What N1 phone do you have, the T-Mobile or AT&T version.
    If you have the AT&T compatible version it won't work unless you root the phone first.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    What N1 phone do you have, the T-Mobile or AT&T version.
    If you have the AT&T compatible version it won't work unless you root the phone first.
    I really don't know, I live in Norway, and none of those companies operate here. I bought it from the US though (eBay). How do I check if its the one or the other?

a

look in the About phone... if the build says EPE54B, u have to root the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    Or you could wait until the official release is released for the N1. You certainly don't have to root the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    Or you could wait until the official release is released for the N1. You certainly don't have to root the phone.
    A-ha, so there will be a official release for the N1? I guess then it will be a little bit more plug-and-play. Do you know how this update will work? Will i have a problem now, with my "2.1-update1" version?

My phone version is "ERE27".

What i've also noticed since the failed update, is that the phone is much slower. It hangs for a couple of seconds(!) pretty often now, even when i'm just switching panels on the display or something like that.

Its just sad.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links