Battery life suddenly decreases over night?

This is a discussion on Battery life suddenly decreases over night? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim Was it Pandora Radio that you were listening to? I've heard that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery life suddenly decreases over night?

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Was it Pandora Radio that you were listening to? I've heard that pandora is a Juice Hog When left open. I used to use Taskiller to end it when I was Finished.
    There is no need to use a task killer for Pandora. It has a "Quit" feature of its own (under the menu when it's running, lower right corner).

Also, I use Pandora quite a lot and I've never seen any "juice hogging". With the screen brightness at 50%, all applications that are running with the screen on will hog juice.
    It has been documented that some Apps are known to eat data if left open in the background. I have Experienced Issues with it when Left open in the Background. Not sure I agree with your assessment that All Applications Hog Juice when the Screen is on. OS Monitor for example will not Eat very much Battery because its not doing anything but Monitoring.
    Slim, my point that there is nothing special about the amount of power that Pandora uses and that, as we all know, the screen is a major source of battery usage.

When on in the background, Pandora uses the an Internet connection to download the songs. If you're not on Wifi, then it must use the cellular radio. It also uses audio circuitry. So no surprises there. No hogging, just normal stuff.

It's far more likely that there is some other application that is hogging the power (if the screen was not on the whole time).

The problem really solved itself. i just charged it back to 100% and then it held its charge as it normally does. but maybe the OTA 2.2 update will solve some of these battery glitches.

My Battery will not hold a charge for longer then 4 hours. Regardless of use. Can anyone make a suggestion? Does TMobile handel batteries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links