magnet clasp case VS. Nexus One

This is a discussion on magnet clasp case VS. Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; so i recently received my nexus one about a week and a half ago.. also ordered three cases: - black canvas nite ize (velcro clasp) ...

Thread: magnet clasp case VS. Nexus One

magnet clasp case VS. Nexus One

so i recently received my nexus one about a week and a half ago.. also ordered three cases:

- black canvas nite ize (velcro clasp)
    - cellet leather case with (MAGNETIC clasp)
    - new otterbox commuter case

so, these past few days i've been leaving my nexus (encased in the otterbox) inside the leather cellet case (trying to stretch out the leather so it doesn't fit so tightly)..

the other day i noticed the some of the touch screen icons on the home screen were totally inaccurate. when i rebooted, the n1 ran perfectly.

im thinking the magnet may have affected the touchscreen in some way. your thoughts? i am aware magnetic cases can fkup the 'magnometer'(sp) for compasses and such.

anyone have similar experience?

note: im still running 2.1 (waiting for official 2.2 release).

ps. for those interested in the new nexus one otter box commuter case (basically a CM tough case equivalent), I will be posting my thoughts soon... going to wait for my WARRANTY REPLACEMENT unit to arrive...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had a magnetic flap case on my G1 for several weeks, and noticed my phone began to act strangely. It stopped when I quit using the case, and went to using the BUILT hoodie case I still use for my N1. There were multiple similar reports when I researched it back then, and I recommend NOT using a magnetic flap case.

well, i've just finished stripping the case backing of the magnets, re-glued the felt and fixed an industrial strength velcro strip (with adhesive backing) to the case flap..

nothing like a little DIY to save wasting 20 bucks on a stupidly designed case :D

Well that answers my question. I shall be avoiding the magnetic case I was thinking of buying. Thanks.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links