Two Live Androids

This is a discussion on Two Live Androids within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My N1 has a T-Mobile Prepaid SIM for voice (no data) and I rely on WiFi for everything else. I'm not happy with T-Mobile in ...

Thread: Two Live Androids

Two Live Androids

My N1 has a T-Mobile Prepaid SIM for voice (no data) and I rely on WiFi for everything else. I'm not happy with T-Mobile in my area and I'm thinking of getting a second Android from another carrier, possibly Sprint EVO, with data plan. But I want to keep the GSM for overseas travel, keeping data updated and apps current. Can I have two active Androids on one account, or do I need separate Google accounts? Can I keep the two phones in sync? Any special considerations for this configuration? I use GV so the actual voice number and services aren't important.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can sync one account to as many devices as you want, android or not.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Thanks Jason. I see you listed iPhone and N1. I assume you're using Gmail on both and they sync. I understand that. I was interested in duplicate Android environments. Google apps as well as others, and the overall mobile environment; desktop home page, wallpaper, apps configurations, etc. I know if you get a new android phone when you first sign-in it'll be automatically configured from the backup of your old unit. For example, a family pic as wallpaper will magically appear. I'd like two phones to always look and act the same even though one will usually just sit on the shelf.

Again, you can sync as many devices as you want, regardless of how may of them are android. Google and gmail don't care what is syncing, how many are syncing etc, because it doesnt sync by phone number, it syncs by the web interface more or less. Similar to if you check your gmail account on multiple computers, its always going to look the same.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Thanks again Jason. Sounds like I'm all set. No Worries. Same applies to the gPad I'm dreaming of. Android Tablets on the way. Exciting.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links