HTC service question

This is a discussion on HTC service question within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey so I am thinking of sending my Nexus in because I have a couple of issues with it. For one the power button at ...

Thread: HTC service question

HTC service question

Hey so I am thinking of sending my Nexus in because I have a couple of issues with it. For one the power button at the top left sometimes does not work when I press it and the other is the finish that has been worn off at the bottom when I used the pouch provided for the first month. I was wondering if they would repair it for free because none of these problems are results of user damage. I have dropped the phone a couple of times but its pretty clear that the nicks on it don't affect the power button problem. I called them and they said they would do a couple of things. First, they would put a $530 temporary charge on my credit card. Then they would send me a new Nexus One along with a box to send my damaged one back. Then their technicians would inspect my phone and determine if I should pay for the damage or if it wasn't my fault. Soo should I do it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes. New is good! Some have been getting a refurb, but they may not have opted for the full monty ($530 deposit).

Cool thanks I'm going to call em right now

I've had to return a couple of N1s for replacement due to seperate technical issues. The people I spoke with at HTC support were extremely friendly and helpful. The replacement phones were shipped out through FedEx and delivered the next day and a pre-paid return lable was sent via e-mail. Both times I was notified, the following day, that they had received my old phone. The whole process was unusually painless.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links