music on sd card

This is a discussion on music on sd card within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all i am having trouble nexus 1 I have down loaded songs, music on to sd card and when i check sd card thro ...

Thread: music on sd card

Angry music on sd card

Hi all
    i am having trouble nexus 1
    I have down loaded songs, music on to sd card and when i check sd card thro card reader i see that the song are on it. and when i check thro fone via computer again it says the music is there....

But when i disconnected nexus from computer and go thro fone as in music - songs or albums. the songs are not there.. is as tho the fones not reading the sd card ????

I have spoke to vodafone about this but they dont no any thing about this fone

So that leaves me stuck at mo and i was hoping someone on here nos and can help me sort this out so i can play songs that i have down loaded onto sd card in the nexus 1

hope to hear soon

Piglet

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What format are the songs in? What folder are they in? What music player are you using?

thanks for reply
    windows media player the songs are off cds and av tryed sending from itune as in ipod

What format are the songs in? What folder are they in? I'm thinking you either downloaded a format that the N1 (or WMP) doesn't recognize, or you put them in a folder that WMP isn't scanning for music.

sorry but dont no what format the are. i thought you just got copyed the songs to windows media the in media hilit song then send to n1.

is this the right way or should i be doing the another way it so what way ??

Your songs should be in mp3 format, not wma, which is a Windows format.

if you used Windows Media player to convert from anything including CDs it will put them in WMA, which is only supported on rooted ROMs.

You need to go into Windows Media Player and click on RIP -> Options and change to MP3 instead of WMA.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links