GPS Issue

This is a discussion on GPS Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by andyandy989898 That 3m GPS accuracy is the limit of the Phone not of GPS. All phones, Sat Navs receive L1 only. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GPS Issue

Quote Originally Posted by andyandy989898 View Post
    That 3m GPS accuracy is the limit of the Phone not of GPS. All phones, Sat Navs receive L1 only. The GPS system using L1 and L2 together can get down to 1.5 metres (ish). Using a correction service this can be brought down to cm.
    I know what you're saying but it's kind of pedantic. 3m accuracy is a limit of any L1 GPS receiver be-it a phone, Garmin, Tom Tom, etc. Show me *any* consumer GNSS receiver that handles L2 or RTK then we'll talk. Until then it's safe to say that GPS = 3m accuracy.

since we are on gps tracking can someone help me please, i have a nexusone which was successfully locking on gps satellites (min 10 of them in one minute) but since last update on android i can not even track them is this a common update issue

i am using maps,gps test,gps status applications with no luck

model number N1
    android version 2.2
    kernel version 2.6.35.6
    baseband version 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

can someone help me there please

How long at a time do you leave the phone tracking sats in area with open sky line (the more of the horizon and less buildings the better)
    Could be rebuilding almanac, that can take up to 40 mins, but normally less than that.

Have you downloaded one of the GPS status aps, Might give you a bit more information about whats going on.

Sorry just saw that you have a GPS status app, does it show no information at all?

I'm on 2.2.1
    same baseband
    kernal 2.6.32.9
    FRG83
    no GPS problems for me.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Quote Originally Posted by andyandy989898 View Post
    How long at a time do you leave the phone tracking sats in area with open sky line (the more of the horizon and less buildings the better)
    Could be rebuilding almanac, that can take up to 40 mins, but normally less than that.

Have you downloaded one of the GPS status aps, Might give you a bit more information about whats going on.

Sorry just saw that you have a GPS status app, does it show no information at all?
    dear andyandy normally i was using the gps test app. and it was locking successfully even indoors but now it is not detecting any satellites in open air not even one... i am suspecting the gps receiver is not functioning or applications are not using the right port to get the gps information it might be the last reason since after the update some thing got wrong definitely i am aware these applications use some ports to receive the gps info from the receiver but even cell towers agps is not working which has nothing to do with the gps receiver. and i am sure this can be fixed with a simple work on some xml files showing the application in wich way to receive gps info from the hardware the question is, is there anyone who knows how to? Like in the good old days with the winmo. we could say applications to listen ....ports for gps info

thank you for the interest you showed me but after some search i found lots of people having the same problem but they are trying to solve it by playing with the apn settings which has nothing to do with the satellite information on he device

Quote Originally Posted by mahmutmurat View Post
    thank you for the interest you showed me but after some search i found lots of people having the same problem but they are trying to solve it by playing with the apn settings which has nothing to do with the satellite information on he device
    Just so you understand, Android offers various levels of location service based on accuracy, power consumption, cost (data plans), etc. The application writer decides what parameters are required and makes the request to the OS. The OS will report the position based on the hardware available and best match with the parameters requested.

So the OS might be trying to get position information based on wifi or the cell network, which is why the APN settings can make a difference. Although it doesn't seem to make sense, there is a good reason.

ok.Jonno2k i get it

but my problem is not getting any gps info from hardware it looks like it isn't there anymore i tried every apn settings in my area it is still not working after the update ...this looks like i might find a bug in the update

My only experience was one occasion where I had no GPS. I used GPS Test (from the Market) and it reported 0 or 1 SV, not enough for a location fix. I rebooted and tried some settings and in my case I uninstalled the last application that I had installed, which was a flight-mode widget. I can't say for sure that the widget was causing my problem directly but after removing it the GPS immediately picked up 6 birds.

So perhaps you could see if some app is causing grief?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links