Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

This is a discussion on Does your phone not wake up sometimes too? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Hmmm..I don't have this. Perhaps an incompatible-with-2.2 app could be causing this? edit: what Launchers are you guys using? Launchers?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Hmmm..I don't have this. Perhaps an incompatible-with-2.2 app could be causing this?

edit: what Launchers are you guys using?
    Launchers?

Hmm. Never thought of that. I'm using LauncherPro. I'm going to use stock to see if that changes anything. Good heads up. I'm not sure if that's the problem since Lokesh is asking what a launcher is, so I'm sure it's stock for that phone. A launcher is an app to change the look and feel of the home screens. Look up "LauncherPro" in the market to see what one is.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Hmm. Never thought of that. I'm using LauncherPro. I'm going to use stock to see if that changes anything. Good heads up. I'm not sure if that's the problem since Lokesh is asking what a launcher is, so I'm sure it's stock for that phone. A launcher is an app to change the look and feel of the home screens. Look up "LauncherPro" in the market to see what one is.
    I'm using LauncherPro, too, and not seeing this...but an app comparison or tasks running when this occurs would be a good investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Oh yeah no launcher here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying problem on my phone now. I don't know if this is a Froyo problem, or just a general problem on my N1. When the phone is locked, and I try to wake it up with the top left button, sometimes (ok a lot of the time) the screen does not wake up! It lights up the 4 buttons at the bottom for a quick second, but the phone screen does not light up with it! I have to try a few times before I can see the lock screen and be able to slide unlock the phone for use! It annoys the CRAP outta me. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if this is a Froyo only problem or something else?

this happened to me when using doubletwist and syncing, i have 2.1......

Stock N1 with Android 2.1.

Mine did this once, I finally pulled the battery (ala my Blackberry 8900 days) and that set it right.

I try to remember to turn it off then back on once a day and it seems perfectly stable.

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post

Mine did this once, I finally pulled the battery (ala my Blackberry 8900 days) and that set it right.

I try to remember to turn it off then back on once a day and it seems perfectly stable.

I started doing that now too, and it seems to have fixed it for me too. Usually after an app update I will turn it off/on. Maybe something within the update process is doing it, but now I haven't had problems for the last three days.

djb
    I did the manual update, but didn't notice a problem at the time. But its gotten pretty bad in the past few days. At first I thought I was being impatient, or the button was not working or double-clicking, so it's nice to know others are seeing the problem.

Nothing unusual running, barely a dozen apps loaded, using only WiFi for data with phone data usually turned off.

BTW, for me that's a winning new feature in 2.2 -- the ability to turn off data over the cellular network. I have an unlocked T-M phone, and tried it first by making a call with my existing AT&T account. Even though WiFi was available, it must have sent a little data. A few hours later AT&T sent a text message saying that I had signed up for a data plan :-( with an early termination fee :-( :-(. Although with the recent announcement, it might mean I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, albeit on Edge.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post

Mine now has started doing this daily. Did it in the middle of a call. The whole phone was locked, I could hear the person I called, they could not hear me.

The reset key combo did nothing, like I said my phone was frozen.

I wish I could figure out if an app was causing this and if so, which one.

Per Google's help (?) web site I did a factory reset. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying problem on my phone now. I don't know if this is a Froyo problem, or just a general problem on my N1. When the phone is locked, and I try to wake it up with the top left button, sometimes (ok a lot of the time) the screen does not wake up! It lights up the 4 buttons at the bottom for a quick second, but the phone screen does not light up with it! I have to try a few times before I can see the lock screen and be able to slide unlock the phone for use! It annoys the CRAP outta me. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if this is a Froyo only problem or something else?
    I just had my N1 replaced through HTC's warranty dept. for this exact issue. I spoke to the HTC guy and he said 70% of the warranty calls they get are due to power button issues, especially the "failing to wake" problem. They didn't ask me to do any of the normal steps for getting a phone replaced. He just replaced my phone in 2 minutes, no questions asked. My N1 was 6 weeks old and was running 2.1. So it seems to be a hardware issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links