Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

This is a discussion on Does your phone not wake up sometimes too? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dsyke Originally Posted by Lokesh I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

Quote Originally Posted by dsyke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying problem on my phone now. I don't know if this is a Froyo problem, or just a general problem on my N1. When the phone is locked, and I try to wake it up with the top left button, sometimes (ok a lot of the time) the screen does not wake up! It lights up the 4 buttons at the bottom for a quick second, but the phone screen does not light up with it! I have to try a few times before I can see the lock screen and be able to slide unlock the phone for use! It annoys the CRAP outta me. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if this is a Froyo only problem or something else?
    I just had my N1 replaced through HTC's warranty dept. for this exact issue. I spoke to the HTC guy and he said 70% of the warranty calls they get are due to power button issues, especially the "failing to wake" problem. They didn't ask me to do any of the normal steps for getting a phone replaced. He just replaced my phone in 2 minutes, no questions asked. My N1 was 6 weeks old and was running 2.1. So it seems to be a hardware issue.
    Looks like you had a bad piece of hardware then... I just found an even newer leaked build of Froyo and installed it this morning... Works perfect now, no problems at all.

I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying problem on my phone now. I don't know if this is a Froyo problem, or just a general problem on my N1. When the phone is locked, and I try to wake it up with the top left button, sometimes (ok a lot of the time) the screen does not wake up! It lights up the 4 buttons at the bottom for a quick second, but the phone screen does not light up with it! I have to try a few times before I can see the lock screen and be able to slide unlock the phone for use! It annoys the CRAP outta me. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if this is a Froyo only problem or something else?
    I just had my N1 replaced through HTC's warranty dept. for this exact issue. I spoke to the HTC guy and he said 70% of the warranty calls they get are due to power button issues, especially the "failing to wake" problem. They didn't ask me to do any of the normal steps for getting a phone replaced. He just replaced my phone in 2 minutes, no questions asked. My N1 was 6 weeks old and was running 2.1. So it seems to be a hardware issue.
    I had mine replaced for this exact issue. Now it is happening MORE often.

For the record, this happened before and after the 2.2 manual update (on my first N1) and the OTA update (on my replacement N1).

It might occur more often when installing apps, i.e., when they are downloading or installing in the background. This would explain why it's occurring more often now (since I'm installing a bunch of new apps on my replacement phone).

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjav View Post
    I had mine replaced for this exact issue. Now it is happening MORE often.

For the record, this happened before and after the 2.2 manual update (on my first N1) and the OTA update (on my replacement N1).

It might occur more often when installing apps, i.e., when they are downloading or installing in the background. This would explain why it's occurring more often now (since I'm installing a bunch of new apps on my replacement phone).
    maybe you should try updating to any other froyo leak. It stopped happening on my phone ever since I updated my Froyo. So I have never ONCE seen the issue again.

maybe you should try updating to any other froyo leak. It stopped happening on my phone ever since I updated my Froyo. So I have never ONCE seen the issue again.
    thanks, I might try that. I have had the issue on both FRF85 and FRF91 though.

I have gone weeks between freezes on my first N1. All I'm hoping for is the same now.

sometimes my N1 freezes for a few seconds, but wainting those seconds (usally 4-7) it goes back to normal. This happens once every 3-4 days, not a major complain

i had this problem when i updated to build frf50 an frf72 an then it stopped when i updated to frf83 an frf85b, an niw that im on frf91 its starting to do it again. Ive never had this problem until froyo is there a way i can go back to frf85b?

Unhappy

I have this same problem. I have a stock Nexus with EPF30 V2.1 running. I was toying with a manual upgrade but decided to wait. I am not rooted nor have I unlocked the bootloader......do any of you guys have Beautiful widgets installed? I think this only started when I installed it (may be coincidence).
    When mine goes...it gets REALLY hot if I don't notice and pull the battery straight away. Last night it went whilst plugged in...good job I went to check my alarm setting before I went to sleep!
    So has anyone found a definitive fix? I am about to remove widgets first.....
    steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links