Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

This is a discussion on Does your phone not wake up sometimes too? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

Does your phone not wake up sometimes too?

I updated my N1 to the leaked Froyo firmware which I didn't know was just an RC until later. I have this one most annoying problem on my phone now. I don't know if this is a Froyo problem, or just a general problem on my N1. When the phone is locked, and I try to wake it up with the top left button, sometimes (ok a lot of the time) the screen does not wake up! It lights up the 4 buttons at the bottom for a quick second, but the phone screen does not light up with it! I have to try a few times before I can see the lock screen and be able to slide unlock the phone for use! It annoys the CRAP outta me. Just wondering if anyone else has this and if this is a Froyo only problem or something else?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mine has been acting weird lately, where it just won't wake up at all and the only solution is to take the battery out and put it back in and restart the phone. it happens about once a day for me now and it pisses me off big time

Quote Originally Posted by wbigdub13 View Post
    mine has been acting weird lately, where it just won't wake up at all and the only solution is to take the battery out and put it back in and restart the phone. it happens about once a day for me now and it pisses me off big time
    Do you have the leaked Froyo build?

yea i did the manual update a few weeks ago and this problem never happened before that

Happens to me too sometimes. Running 2.2 also.

Ok so I hope this is just a Froyo problem and not a hardware problem and that it will be resolved when they roll out the final build of Froyo...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Happens to me too sometimes. Running 2.2 also.
    What happens to you? My problem or the problem of the above poster?

I press the power button, but only the four soft keys light up. Then I have to press and hold the power button to get the "shut off phone" mode, and then press it again, then once more, and the screen finally comes on. I have my phone since Feb, and it only started doing this once I went to 2.2. 2.1 never did it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    I press the power button, but only the four soft keys light up. Then I have to press and hold the power button to get the "shut off phone" mode, and then press it again, then once more, and the screen finally comes on. I have my phone since Feb, and it only started doing this once I went to 2.2. 2.1 never did it.
    Yeah thats the exact thing with me. Just that I dont have to hold it down. I just keep trying and it comes on eventually... Guess its a Froyo problem then.

Hmmm..I don't have this. Perhaps an incompatible-with-2.2 app could be causing this?

edit: what Launchers are you guys using?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links