yet another google syncing issue in China

This is a discussion on yet another google syncing issue in China within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK. I know this is common for a lot of people, and I've read a lot of the forums, but I can't seem to fix ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: yet another google syncing issue in China

yet another google syncing issue in China

OK. I know this is common for a lot of people, and I've read a lot of the forums, but I can't seem to fix this.

I am on an N1 on China Unicom. My device stopped syncing 2 days ago. I don't think its a connection, as I am able to browse and download outside of the android market. I am posting this via the 3g network right now, actually.

Right now gmail and calendar don't sync and I can't download from the market. In fact, i cannot send out mail either unless i do it through the browser. Gtalk still works though.

Fixes I've tried. Hard reset of phone. Removing battery, Sim, etc. Manual syncing does not work. Checking and unchecking auto-sync. Clearing gmail and gmail storage data and cache, then reboot. All to no avail.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am all ears.

Cheers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe your provider blocked the connection... remember that the relationship between China and Google is not very diplomatic...nor easygoing...

Maybe. But there are a lot of Google and android users here. I am not sure I see that happening, but it is a possibility. This is because it was working fine up until a couple days ago, and is seems isolated to my device, as I experience the problem whether on 3G or Wifi.

Accessing any of the above on a PC is fine.

I get the: 'Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server' error if I try to sign-in.

trn
    I'm also using a N1 on China Unicom and my gmail account stopped syncing at the same time. Maybe Unicom blocked gmail syncing somehow? Gmail still works through the browser also.

OK, after mingocr83 mentioned blocking and trn mentioning similar issues I dug into it a little.

I found this.
    China Now Blocking Google Mobile Services
    Old article, saying such and such was blocked, but it did lead me to this:

Mainland China service availability

Which shows what the status of various google services are in PRC. Over the last week Google Mobile has been up to 66% down until the the 13th (which still doesnt explain my phone not going down til the 13th, or late on the 12th).

It is a little irritating, because there can't be much purpose to messing with Google Mobile functionality except to serve as an irritant.

Grrrr...now have to set up Gmail under Email app for now, but thats not as useful...

trn
    Its not just a Unicom problem; on WiFi I can't sync with Gmail also. I guess its some sort of larger China-Google problem.

Quote Originally Posted by park77 View Post
    OK, after mingocr83 mentioned blocking and trn mentioning similar issues I dug into it a little.

I found this.
    China Now Blocking Google Mobile Services
    Old article, saying such and such was blocked, but it did lead me to this:

Mainland China service availability

Which shows what the status of various google services are in PRC. Over the last week Google Mobile has been up to 66% down until the the 13th (which still doesnt explain my phone not going down til the 13th, or late on the 12th).

It is a little irritating, because there can't be much purpose to messing with Google Mobile functionality except to serve as an irritant.

Grrrr...now have to set up Gmail under Email app for now, but thats not as useful...

Yes me too-_- just yesterday...google account stopped working! I did everything and still its not working on my china mobile or wifi.

Any one know good VPN for android nexus one to recommend please lets us know.

China/Guangzhou

I am experiencing the same problems. Can not connect to my Gmail, calendar, contacts etc.

I have been using ExpressVPN on my laptop for some time now, their client is very good to access blocked sites. They also have a PPTP option which lets you connect through your phone etc. Using this VPN connection on my Nexus One solves the problems with connecting to Gmail.

When ordering a subscription from them you need to ask for the logon details for PPTP too, they are not provided by default.

Hope I will work out for you too.

Express VPN - Home

Andreas

Express VPN - Home does the job for me. 12$/month. They give you a PC/mac client by default but you can ask for PPTP login options and a guide for the Nexus One.

Has been a life saver to me. Solves the recent problem with gmail, market etc. on the phone - in addition you get access to all other blocked sites from your computer.

Andreas

Same problem here: Nexus One on China Mobile (Beijing). Stopped synching for Gmail both over China Mobile and WiFi. Truly sucks.

I think Calendar sync still works though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links