Gmail push works sporadically

This is a discussion on Gmail push works sporadically within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My Gmail seems to update sporadically -- sometimes it is literally a push e-mail service and yet fairly often (especially in the last five days ...

Thread: Gmail push works sporadically

Gmail push works sporadically

My Gmail seems to update sporadically -- sometimes it is literally a push e-mail service and yet fairly often (especially in the last five days or so), it requires manual updates. For example, this morning I received e-mails via push between about 11 AM and 3:15 PM. Howver, an e-mail I received at 3:30 PM did not show up in my inbox until I manually refreshed it an hour later.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I realise I could add my Gmail account through the stock e-mail application and set it check every 5 or 10 minutes but I'd like push mail feature to actually work!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    My Gmail seems to update sporadically -- sometimes it is literally a push e-mail service and yet fairly often (especially in the last five days or so), it requires manual updates. For example, this morning I received e-mails via push between about 11 AM and 3:15 PM. Howver, an e-mail I received at 3:30 PM did not show up in my inbox until I manually refreshed it an hour later.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I realise I could add my Gmail account through the stock e-mail application and set it check every 5 or 10 minutes but I'd like push mail feature to actually work!!
    Its probably gmail and the google servers more than the phone. Gmail has never worked perfectly. You'd think with all the money that Google has they would be able to fix gmail.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Its probably gmail and the google servers more than the phone. Gmail has never worked perfectly. You'd think with all the money that Google has they would be able to fix gmail.
    I've never had a single issue with Gmail push. If you often switch networks or you have spotty network coverage, it will cause push to be delayed. I believe this is to keep too many failed connection attempts from hurting network performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    I've never had a single issue with Gmail push. If you often switch networks or you have spotty network coverage, it will cause push to be delayed. I believe this is to keep too many failed connection attempts from hurting network performance.
    I haven't either, but do a little searching online and you will find countless threads regarding email issues from gmail.
    Jason
    Nexus One

I had the same issue lately. Uninstalled Task Killer and cleared the Gmail caches. There is no definitive answer on this on the web. Still may be Google. So far OK, hoping.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah, that was why I posted actually -- I've seen many older unresolved threads on this but hadn't seen a fix. I've tried clearing the cache and am not using a task killer.... I'll keep hoping it gets fixed then!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links