Cannot send text messages on Vodafone account

This is a discussion on Cannot send text messages on Vodafone account within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I've recently started with a Nexus One on Vodafone contract (UK). I can receive but not send text messages. I was initally getting an ...

Thread: Cannot send text messages on Vodafone account

Cannot send text messages on Vodafone account

Hi,

I've recently started with a Nexus One on Vodafone contract (UK). I can receive but not send text messages. I was initally getting an error message along the lines of "Google chat authentication failure" but now it just says message sending failed.

I've spent an hour in a Vodafone shop, establishing that the SIM card works in another Nexus device, and that a new SIM works in my Nexus device for all other things, but cannot get the text messaging working. Vodafone suggest it's a problem which Google need to sort out, but a quick search on the web suggests that people with similar problems who have reported to Google have not had any reply.

Obviously the Google phone is new to Vodafone in the UK and they don't really know what they're talking about, but I'd be willing to persevere if they can just sort out this texting problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Phil

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry, panic over! (Although it could be a 'bug' issue for other users switching providers to get on the Vodafone/Nexus set-up). When I took the contract on I kept my old number from an Orange contract, and when the info was swapped over from my old SIM card it kept the Orange message centre number. I had to get Google to talk me through changing the phone settings to update this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links