2.2 Handcent issues

This is a discussion on 2.2 Handcent issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; A few things: 1) How do i turn the default "messaging" app completely off? 2) Im on 2.2 but when i change the trackball colors ...

Thread: 2.2 Handcent issues

2.2 Handcent issues

A few things:

1) How do i turn the default "messaging" app completely off?
    2) Im on 2.2 but when i change the trackball colors and test my notification with blinking trackball on, it doesnt light up.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You'll need to turn off the notifications on the stock messenger and select to change the default to handcent when it brings up the messenger choice. That'll get you going. If you don't turn off the stock messenger notifications you will get two for each message.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone69 View Post
    A few things:

1) How do i turn the default "messaging" app completely off?
    2) Im on 2.2 but when i change the trackball colors and test my notification with blinking trackball on, it doesnt light up.
    I think I can help you out. On your default messaging app. Open it up hit the menu button and go into settings. Make sure you uncheck "Auto Retreive" under your MMS settings and DEFINITELY uncheck "Notifications" under the Notifications section. Now your default messaging app wont notify you when you recieve an SMS/MMS message only Handcent will. As far as when you test your Handcent to see if your Trackball will light. Im on a rooted version of Froyo 2.2 and even when I "Test my Notifications" it doesnt light. Just ask someone to text you and The trackball should work. Hope this helped
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]

Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

In addition to what mightytalldude suggested, also go into contacts, choose to text someone, then set default to Handcent.

You guys Rock!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links