Compass not calibrated

This is a discussion on Compass not calibrated within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When I use apps such as google sky maps or Layar it never points in the right direction. For example, when I look at a ...

Thread: Compass not calibrated

Compass not calibrated

When I use apps such as google sky maps or Layar it never points in the right direction. For example, when I look at a constellation at night, sky map shows it way off to the left. Same thing in Layar...restaurants are always off to the left not even close to the direction they're supposed to be. Makes all these apps completely useless.

Anybody having the same issue? Is there a way to calibrate it?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It cannot be fixed.
    if you do a full hard factory reset it will not take the problem back to factory spec the problem will still be there.
    Never use night mode on google sky maps as it will permanently create this problem.
    my nexus s does not have this problem but I have a nexus s because they could not fix the problem with 6 replacement samsung epics.
    6 replacement sarmsung epics.
    That is correct, 6 brand new in the box samsung epics.
    New phones not re-fabs, new but after a couple of days of using any program that uses the compass and pitch, it will turn some axis into a 90 degree angle locking PART of one of the 3axis.
    As soon as I use google sky maps and put it on night mode amd back off night mode it is totally toast, even after full factory reset the software problem still is there.
    After several attempts to fix my epic they replaced it with an htc evo and it had the same problem it it it came out in a different place on the compass but but the same issue still.
    you can not rotate 360 degrees in any dirrection.
    Check your phone, is that true or is that not?
    you can not go a full 360 degrees weather over or around you can not rotate 360 degrees.
    It does not just point the wrong way but there are parts of the sky where you can not point at ever.
    this issue is on all phones made with Froyo and shipped with or later updated to Gingerbread.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links