My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help

This is a discussion on My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by bozzy Originally Posted by Rome 1.) very poor battery life (they are sending a me a replacement for free) It's doubtful a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My brand new N1 cannot find the 2.1 update. Tried everything, please help

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    1.) very poor battery life (they are sending a me a replacement for free)
    It's doubtful a replacement will matter. 99% of the time bad battery life is due to rogue apps you have downloaded. If you see the issue with nothing but the stock apps, I would be surprised. Or perhaps your expectations of how long the battery is supposed to last is too long.
    Only stock apps. The battery in the first Nexus went from 100% to 20% in just 15 hours of standby time, and I stated in my earlier posts in this thread.

In that 15 hours there was 25 minutes of phone calls on 2g, 3 text messages and exactly 1 minute of 2g browsing to test that my data plan is working.

That is TERRIBLE battery life.

You do know it takes a few charges before the battery settles in, right? Sounds like you aren't giving it time to break in. Most N1 users can last all day, but do expect to charge every night.

Yes i understand its a one day phone in general. NOT a half day of standby phone...

Anyways, regardless of the pathetic battery life (HTC said "woah thats not how it's supposed to be" and sent me out another one...) the other problems worry me more.

The 1st N1 gets HOT when charging or use. Like super hot when charging, can't even hold the thing.

The 2nd N1 has the smallest amount of barely perceivable haptic feedback. This is a problem for me because i really like haptic feedback alot. However, this N1 stays cool all the time, and barely gets warm during charging.

Again, neither of them is updating OTA.

Is it dangerous to the phone's internals to get that hot? Again, in direct comparison, the 2nd N1 I received is downright chilly comparatively.

I'm not sure what to do. I really like haptic and thats not working so send back the 2nd one. Keep the first even though it gets very hot?

It's conceivable to buy a 3rd... geez... and hope that it all works as it should... but how can I believe thats going to happen?

Mine doesn't even get warm when charging although I do use the dock normally. The only time it should ever get hot is if you are charging it and using the GPS constantly like when using the car dock.

Mine is not getting OTA either. This seems like its gotta be google's end, not ours.

I have the exact same problem as far as not recieving the 2.1update, except my Nexus One is a replacement because I lost the orginal 1 I bought (BTW all replacements are refurbished). The first N1 I had automatically updated wo a prob. With the 2nd N1 that I have now however, no matter what I have tried I can not get the 2.1 update. I was going to send it back but I see that you sent yours back and still had the same problem, so whats the point? I think I am just going to wait for Froyo to be pushed out to all N1 users and hopefully Ill get the OTA.
    Rome- Just out of curiousity tho, how did you manually update your phone to the 2.1updated version?

Yeh I wouldn't bother sending it back if the lack of update is the only problem. I got two in a row that doesn't update ota..

I don't have the URL for the update, but just Google force update 2.1 nexus one or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Course it doesnt make much sense that it could be tzones, considering i get full webacess and 3g speeds no problem. And my wifi is running, so I would have got the update that way I assume as well. makes no sense.

Can ANYONE who bought a unsubsidized N1 for $529 for Tmobile 3G respond? Please tell me if your N1:

1.) Shipped with Android 2.1update1 or just plain 2.1
    2.) Did you phone IMMEDIATELY prompt you to upgrade to 2.1update1?
    3.) If it didn't do it IMMEDIATELY, how long did it take before you got the notifications bar prompt to upgrade?

Please respond, thanks!

same problem here man. just got it 2 days ago, it says its 2.1, but no pinch at all.... i got it with sim card.

New N1 stuck on ERD79 - no OTA update and thus no multi-touch! - Android Help

About time they said something. For the lazy

Hola amigos,

Sorry for the delay in my response on this issue. The reason that you haven't been able to update your Nexus One from ERD79 to ERE27 is because we have been doing some maintenance work on our OTA server. No need to fret though, you'll definitely be seeing updates within the next one to two weeks. Thanks for your patience!

-Ry Guy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links